Server not delivering new playback after another

MarcWinter

MarcWinter

Hello,

I'm experiencing a quite strange problem: I'm using emby Server on Windows 2016 Server without any hardware encoding. As playback device a FireTV-4k-Box is used.

After logging in, I select a TV-Show episode and watch it. When I'm done, I return to the library screen and choose another TV-Show. Starting the playback, I get the usual overlay-screen and the rotating circle. After a few seconds, the overlay fades out, but the circle keeps rotating, no visual or audio is delivered. A few further seconds, I get the question if playback works, but nothing else happens.

If I quit and completely stop the FTV-App, I get the same situation after a restart, only a complete emby-server restart fixes the problem...

• 3 weeks later...
MarcWinter

Hello Luke,

thanks for your time, but the problem has simply disappeared. Occasionally I get the situation that it takes a while (circle rotating) when I start a playback and emby even asks me wether I'm experiencing problems, but eventually it starts - so I suppose my server isn't powerful enough for a faster preparation. Nevertheless - once it's running everything works fine now.

Thanks again,

Marc