Pull-down refresh behavior in Android Mobile app

computerprep

computerprep

Would be great to have a refresh button or pull-down behavior in the Android App. Not sure if this behavior exists in the iOS app.

Pulling down works in Web App, of course, since that behavior is built into nearly all mobile web browsers.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
Karl Blixt

Like, I'm not against it. but who would use it? it's not like the server changes very often. 

don't get me wrong. I'm all for it but there are other features/issues that I'd rather focus on.

computerprep

If implemented, it would assumedly work on front end and back end administrator areas. Helpful on homepage to update dynamic lists like Next Up and Latest. Helpful in dashboard to view Active Devices and Recent Activity.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This will be in 3.0.6 on the home screen as well as some of the secondary list screens. It will take time to add this to all screens. Thanks.

• Like 2

Jdiesel

I think the server dashboard screen would benefit the most from having the ability to pull down refresh.

• Like 2

computerprep

I think the server dashboard screen would benefit the most from having the ability to pull down refresh.

Agreed

Have you guys tried this on the home screen? I'm actually thinking of removing it because for the side scrolling sections, if you don't swipe perfectly horizontal it ends up triggering the pull down refresh. I'm finding that it makes the horizontal scrolling a little more difficult.

computerprep

I've never noticed that until now, but now that you've pointed it out, it's going to happen to me all the time.

I wonder if you're able to assign the pull down behavior to the background elements...

Actually, while I was typing this, I thought of another idea that may be more feasible. If the home screen had a little extra padding at the top (say 10px), but auto-loaded to a scroll position equal to that padding, then the pull down would no longer interfere with the horizontal scrolling. It doesn't even have to be 10px, it can be like 1 or 2. When you're on the home page, scroll down just barely manually, and you'll see that the pull down no longer interferes if you started in the horizontal direction.