Remux, unnecessary?

joggs

joggs

Hi,

I have posted 2 debug logs from two different philips android tv's, different tv models, playing the same video, where one of them remuxes audio but the other does not. (logs posted using debugmode from tv app around 11.38 and 11.40 CEST 2018-03-30)

The tv that remuxes the audio is newer, both is running android 7.x .I think that bouth should be capable of handling the audiostream without remuxing as the bitrate is pretty low.

Could you please take a look? I'm happy to help out in any way.

Edited by joggs

Hi.  Using "Stats for Nerds" (in the OSD menu) will tell you a lot of information about these types of things FYI.

The one model TV is known to have problems playing back DD over 384kb/s so we remux it down.  The other one we don't know about but it is possible that it will have problems with audio drop outs playing that directly.  Please report it if you find that is the case.

Thanks.

But, I see, in this specific case, we are downmixing to stereo anyway, so, in that situation, we can probably avoid the server-side remux as well.  I'll put that change in.

Thanks.

• Like 1

joggs

Edit: ah, did not see your last reply ebr. Thanks. I'll wait for the fix. I am still curious if it is possible to do a force-DD hack though :-)

----

Thanks for your replies.

I would like to try to force direct play  to the problematic tv, just to try it out. Is that possible? I have not succeeded finding the correct config file.

I have not noticed any audio drops on the 'unknown' tv model when playing the DD format.

Attached remux log

ffmpeg-remux-4935caad-2cc9-4c01-87b4-90334b387186.txt

Edited by joggs