When browsing collection (movies) sometimes I get "buffering please wait"

djhifi

djhifi

Ok so I have a brand new nvidia shield, kodi krypton, latest emby for kodi, and a huge movie collection (7000 movies). Im using native paths. Files stored on a synology 1813+. Cached artwork locally (on my shield flash memory). Everything plays fine, not the issue here.

The issue is that sometimes when Im at the "wall view" the popup saying "Buffering please wait" shows up and locks me up for 3-5 sec while some covers load. I thought this was due to first time usage, and caching. But nope...

My shield is snappy, thats not the problem and I get that I have a huge collection but for instance on tv shows (800+ shows) "banner info" view this is NOT happening. I know that Kodi is very I/O intensive but still....

Its only a small detail but is a little annoying.

Ive had this on my previous Libreelec system as well. 

Why does this happen?

Edited by djhifi

djhifi

What skin are you using? No log?...

AEON MQ7 Krypton version. No log error? No, I can recheck but no.

​Is this something that you're reading for the first time?

Angelblue05

Yes :)

Are you sure you are not running out of space where Kodi is installed? Maybe that would explain the constant buffering message.

• 2 weeks later...
djhifi

Yes :)

Are you sure you are not running out of space where Kodi is installed? Maybe that would explain the constant buffering message.

Sorry for taking a bit longer, wasn't here for the weekend. Well I'm pretty sure space isn't the issue. And it only happens on "MOVIES" regardeless of the view I use on the Skin (AEON MQ7 for that matter). I can try and turn debug log "ON" and see if it throws any errors into the log and paste it here for you to analyze? Its so annoying...