[Samsung Smart Tv 2014] "Stream copy - Audio Not First track" when changing default audio track

Haxy

I have  H264 mkv video file with two audio tracks: ac3 polish and dts english.

Emby works ok with ac3 polish track but when I select dts english it start transcoding and I can see: "Stream copy - Audio Not First track". I also can't select any sub track when select  dts english audio track.

This is how this looks on emby web player:

5ab6c875cb3e9_audio.png5ab6c83e999a3_sub.png

Two problems:

1. When I select ac3 polish audio track I can see: "direct play", when I select dts english, I can see "Stream copy - Audio Not First track" at the bottom and server start transcoding

2. When I select dts english I can see any subs

I attached screens from emby web player but I am talking about samsung smart tv 2014 app

2.2.4 but nevermind, Samsung client app is bugged as fu** compared to Plex Samsung app.

Almost nothing working as expected, can’t even choose audio track or subtitles before playing the file, can’t choose jump time on timeline when playing movie, resume time is not saved and many more. Maybe emby web player works better but I have Samsung tv and want to watch movie on it not pc or laptop. Have to back to Plex and wait for emby to be more mature

FrostByte

2.2.4 but nevermind, Samsung client app is bugged as fu** compared to Plex Samsung app.

Almost nothing working as expected, can’t even choose audio track or subtitles before playing the file, can’t choose jump time on timeline when playing movie, resume time is not saved and many more. Maybe emby web player works better but I have Samsung tv and want to watch movie on it not pc or laptop. Have to back to Plex and wait for emby to be more mature

Maybe that's partially due to the fact that you're using an old third party app which is no longer in development by the developer.  If you're going to compare the two then you should really use the official app in the Samsung store developed by Luke first to decide.  The official app should take care of many of these issues

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Fair enough, the last hurdle Samsung has thrown at Emby for WW release has hopefully been resolved now and Luke can make an announcement soon

• Like 2

@@Haxy you're using a community app built by volunteer developers. Our official app won't have these issues.

@@Luke

Yes I know but I can use official app on my Samsung yet.

Any idea how to use emby on my tv. Raspberry pi + hdmi, chromecast? Are they more stable than this Samsung app? If I connect raspberry pi via hdmi I will have the same emby web player on my tv and pc?

Most of my files in library are mkv h264 with ac3 or dts. Are you sure chromecast fil play these files in direct play mode? I don't want use transcoding and lose some of image quality. Second, Is there a native emby player app from chromecast? I can't see event a forum for app on chromecast?

I think raspberrypi 3 b+ will be better because is more powerfull than chromecast but on the other hand there are problems with instaling emby player on raspberry accourding to emby forum

Navras

@@Haxy you're using a community app built by volunteer developers. Our official app won't have these issues.

I have absolutely the same problems on the TV of 2012 (E series), the version of the application is the same. Will there ever be an official application for my TV in the app store? (in Russia)

I have absolutely the same problems on the TV of 2012 (E series), the version of the application is the same. Will there ever be an official application for my TV in the app store? (in Russia)

I'd love to, but even once we go worldwide, the Samsung dev portal only lets us submit 2013+. Maybe at that time it will let you install the 2013 version but I'm really not sure.

Navras

I'd love to, but even once we go worldwide, the Samsung dev portal only lets us submit 2013+. Maybe at that time it will let you install the 2013 version but I'm really not sure.

strange, why only 2013 +? This is very bad ((Maybe it will be possible to throw me a widget somewhere?

I can't speak for Samsung so I can't really say why they might have decided that. I would suggest opening a topic in their user support community. If you voice enough feedback then perhaps they'll open it up again.

Navras

I can't speak for Samsung so I can't really say why they might have decided that. I would suggest opening a topic in their user support community. If you voice enough feedback then perhaps they'll open it up again.

It seems to me unlikely he will gain a large number of votes. Well, in any case, thanks for the advice)

FrostByte

Just throwing this out there as an option.  Depending on your model if you can find a used Samsung Evolution Kit for sale online you can update your tv to a newer year's SmartHub.  Not all models have a port for the evolution kit in the back, so you would have to make sure it works for your TV. 

I have an SEK2000 on my 2013 TV right now which works great. 

SEK1000 will update a 2012 TV to the 2013 SmartHub

SEK2000 will update a 2012 or 2013 TV to the 2014 SmartHub

SEK3000 will update premium 2013/2014 models to 2015 Tizen.  (I had this one for a short period, but had to remove it because of problems)

Also, you have to make sure you get the right one for your region as the last few digits of the longer model number are slightly different in each region

Edited by FrostByte

Navras

Just throwing this out there as an option.  Depending on your model if you can find a used Samsung Evolution Kit for sale online you can update your tv to a newer year's SmartHub.  Not all models have a port for the evolution kit in the back, so you would have to make sure it works for your TV. 

I have an SEK2000 on my 2013 TV right now which works great. 

SEK1000 will update a 2012 TV to the 2013 SmartHub

SEK2000 will update a 2012 or 2013 TV to the 2014 SmartHub

SEK3000 will update premium 2013/2014 models to 2015 Tizen.  (I had this one for a short period, but had to remove it because of problems)

Also, you have to make sure you get the right one for your region as the last few digits of the longer model number are slightly different in each region

In my opinion for this price it is better to buy android tv box

• Like 1

FrostByte

Very true.  You would have to get a deal on a used SEK.  The Shield or even Roku are very good alternatives to run Emby on older TVs

I don't think any one is going to want to run this on a 2012 though.  Every one who has it on their 2013 has posted that nothing lines up correctly and it really looks bad.  Plus the OSD doesn't work, etc.  The 2013 just doesn't support everything the 2014s do.  So if Samsung isn't okaying it for 2012s it's probably even worse

Edited by FrostByte

Navras

Very true.  You would have to get a deal on a used SEK.  The Shield or even Roku are very good alternatives to run Emby on older TVs

I don't think any one is going to want to run this on a 2012 though.  Every one who has it on their 2013 has posted that nothing lines up correctly and it really looks bad.  Plus the OSD doesn't work, etc.  The 2013 just doesn't support everything the 2014s do.  So if Samsung isn't okaying it for 2012s it's probably even worse

Is there an Emby for the Apple TV, and if there is one for which countries?