Finds all videos, doesn't find music

acattanach

acattanach

Hi all, new user. Got a Synology NAS, installed the server app, put the location of library, video folder and music folder.

Videos are all found and sorted,

Music only finds 300 songs/some recent stuff out of about 300gb of data!.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi there, can you please discuss some examples? What does your music folder structure look like?

acattanach

post-297286-0-70540200-1521827746_thumb.jpg

My previous library organiser was MusicBee, so stored as that sorted them.

so nas\music\band name\album name\songs

Edited by acattanach

acattanach

I have, it rescanned and same result. The Music showing is in the top folder (2017new) shown, and the missing stuff is in Music. Is it because there's a Music folder in Music?!

5ab5644bc8965_Capture.jpg

• 1 month later...
alissa914

I know I'm new to this but I just set up my Emby on a Synology DS118 and I was having Emby use my Amazon Drive synced folder inside my home folder for media.  

Anyway, nothing would show up and then I checked the logs and it said that it didn't have permission into /homes/%username%/  so I browsed to the Movies subfolder and gave read only permission to Everybody.  After that all media showed up.  Any chance that it's as simple as that to fix on your NAS?

Again.... just a noob, so sorry if it didn't help.  I was surprised that worked nested that deep.... I'm not too familiar with Linux permissions anymore, but that worked for me.

EDIT: instead of "Everybody", just set it to the username of EmbySrv which should be sufficient to make sure Emby can see it.

Edited by alissa914