Community install to Offical install - DLNA died

Fieperskaivu

Fieperskaivu

Hello!

Been using QNAP Emby for a couple of years now and it's been fine, but I saw the Official release went live so I decided to update to that. Everything went surprisingly smoothly, just took a backup, uninstall, install, restore backup, let it rebuild the library. Performance is better, everything is great. Only issue that seems to have appeared is that "pull" DLNA is no longer working. I've checked the settings and it is definitely set to on, but I can't see anything from any of my devices. "Push" works fine, I can open Emby on my phone and cast it to my TV no problem. That same TV, if I look for Emby DLNA like I have for years it's just not there. Any help would be appreciated! I've attached the server log after enabling DLNA logging and letting it run for a bit (let me know if that's not the right log) as well as a screenshot of my DLNA settings.

Thanks,

Steve

post-834-0-15856600-1521774250_thumb.png

log.txt

Fieperskaivu

All devices I've tried: an older LG, a new LG OLED C7, Xbox One, PS4. Doesn't show up on anything, sorry that's why I didn't include.

That's really odd. I can't reproduce that. Can you try opening the xbox one media player app, giving it a minute. then if it still doesn't show, restart the server the server and give it a few minutes.

Does the server dashboard show a local network address?

Fieperskaivu

Hi and thanks for your time. I have completed those tests and the results are the same. The only DLNA device that shows up is Sonos, no Emby.

Yes the server dashboard has a local and remote address listed. I've attached the log from after the server restart if it is useful.

log.txt

Fieperskaivu

Still no luck, I've tried unchecking the DLNA option and restarting everything, then checking it again and doing it all over again. As I said DLNA push still works, been doing that each night while this has been going on. Very odd though since I've been using it for years with no problem until this reinstall.

Fieperskaivu

Good morning, I installed BubbleUPnP and it immediately shows up on all my devices. I'll try enabling the built in DLNA on my QNAP NAS to compare more directly, but nothing has changed on my network between it working with the community install of Emby and switching to the official install.

Fieperskaivu

Turned on the built in DLNA from QNAP and it works as well, so no issue with DLNA coming from the NAS, just from Emby for some reason. Screenshot to shot what bubble sees attached.

alucryd

Have you got another application that might be broadcasting on the NAS? It may hog the ports (specifically UDP 1900) so emby can't use them. From your log, UDP doesn't seem to work:

2018-03-22 22:56:02.097 Error App: Failed to start UDP Server
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.3.1.0
    Command line: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata -ffmpeg /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffprobe -defaultdirectory /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA -updatepackage emby-server-qnap_{version}_x86_64.qpkg
    Operating system: Unix 3.4.6.0
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Processor count: 4
    Program data path: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata
    Application directory: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system
    System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Protocol not available
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.UpdateStatusAfterSocketErrorAndThrowException(SocketError error, String callerName)
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SetSocketOption(SocketOptionLevel optionLevel, SocketOptionName optionName, Int32 optionValue, Boolean silent)
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SetSocketOption(SocketOptionLevel optionLevel, SocketOptionName optionName, Int32 optionValue)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Net.SocketFactory.CreateUdpSocket(Int32 localPort)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Udp.UdpServer.Start(Int32 port)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.UdpServerEntryPoint.Run()
    System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.UpdateStatusAfterSocketErrorAndThrowException(SocketError error, String callerName)
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SetSocketOption(SocketOptionLevel optionLevel, SocketOptionName optionName, Int32 optionValue, Boolean silent)
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SetSocketOption(SocketOptionLevel optionLevel, SocketOptionName optionName, Int32 optionValue)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Net.SocketFactory.CreateUdpSocket(Int32 localPort)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Udp.UdpServer.Start(Int32 port)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.UdpServerEntryPoint.Run()

hi @@Fieperskaivu, we tested this on a clean install and for us it is working out of the box with no setup required. I would check your NAS and see if there is another application that might be holding port 1900 because that is what the upnp/dlna features rely on. 

And while we're on that topic, any security settings you might have enabled on the QNAP that might be blocking that port, that could also cause a problem.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

OddbOd

Something about this doesn't smell right and it appears to be coming from the runtime.

The same code in SocketFactory.cs worked fine under mono (but not always) and nobody running other operating systems seems to be reporting this. Plus, the CreateUdpMulticastSocket method already has an exception for QNAP weirdness.

I'm seeing the same exception thrown but netstat says the server is listening?!?! 

[~] # netstat -alup | grep 1900
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:1900            0.0.0.0:*                           8661/EmbyServer
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:1900            0.0.0.0:*                           2403/upnpd
[~] #

upnpd is the the same NAT port mapper found on pretty much every linux-based OS. You would think shutting it down would make a difference, but no, the Error App: Failed to start UDP Server message persists. I'm just as  :unsure: as you guys...