Offline Playback Bug

dubs

Hi there,

Apologies, this isn't going to be the best bug report, I couldn't find the "Debug Mode" option in the Android App so I'm going to describe as best I can. I did have a search so hopefully I haven't missed another similar report.

Device - Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10" SM-T530

The device plays fine when streaming from the server over wifi. However any downloaded content refuses to play.

Using the internal player, upon pressing play the audio for the show start. After 10 seconds or so the player loads, correctly timestamped, but only a black screen no video.

Using an external player, it simply reports file not found. For example, with VLC:

The location content ://com.android.externalstorage.documents/tree/9016-4EF8:Movies/document/9016-4EF8:Movies/Emby_ServerNameTV/ShowName/ShowName_-_Season_1/FileName.mkv cannot be played

That should be pretty accurate, although I had to copy it by hand. I've tested the same episode on my phone (a OnePlus 2) and it works fine.

If there is anything I can do to help let me know.

dubs

Edit: Sorry, didn't put [Problem Report] in the subject!

Edited by dubs

I think I'll have to assume it won't be a quick fix and manually download the media for my Mum's holiday. Its a tough life :).

Thanks for the response as always Luke!

No, unfortunately. The next release of the app will rework a lot of the downloading functions to be more like the windows version. Same interface visually, but a lot of missing things that you'd expect will now be complete, including this. Thanks.