episode marked as watched, but playbackprogress is not updated when...

joggs

joggs

When a tv episode is about to end, you get a prompt offering you to stop playback or play the next episode. The episode stops or the next episode starts to play, depending of your selection, and the watched episode is marked as watched as expected. What seems to be missing is that the playback progress of the watched episode is not updated/reset. So what you see on the home screen is that the watched episode is still on the 'continue watching' section, with the watched marker checked and the playback progress from the previous 'last playback position'.  I guess the expected funtionality would be to also reset the playback position.

I have this problem on two units. a philips tv and a china box.

Were these episodes previously watched?

Have you changed the default settings for resume points on the server?

I cannot reproduce this issue.

joggs

The episodes were not previously watched.

I did another test when i did not answer the prompt right away which was around 40 seconds remaining when I noticed the problem. On the second test i answered  with around 20 seconds left, and then everything works, so it could have to do with the resume points.

On the server I have min resume percentage:2 ,  max resume percentage:96, min resume duration: 300. What are the defaults? 

Thinking out loud, would the max resume percentage value be a good time for the prompt to pop up?

Edited by joggs

That definitely sounds like you hadn't hit the max resume percentage when you advanced.  I believe the default is 95.

joggs

That definitely sounds like you hadn't hit the max resume percentage when you advanced.  I believe the default is 95.

It looks like the screenshot below. That's the status stored on the server as I get the same states on the web client.

Have you tried to resume, in this case episode 5 from 20 minutes in the episode and then at the end of the episode when the prompt pops up, select the next episode?

If you start episode 5 from the beginning, everything would probably work as the previous playback position is 00.00.00 and is then treated correctly as playback position 0.0.00 and marked as watched hides the episode from the section, but playback position 0.20.00 and marked as watched is not.

The solution from my point of view, would be to reset the playback position in the same way we do when an episode has finished if you select stop or 'play next episode' from the prompt. 

5ab2d5048080a_20180321_224935.jpg.

Edited by joggs

Hmmm... that is odd.

I'll have to see if I can reproduce that using the same technique.

Did you say the same thing happens in the web app?

joggs

Yes, I can reproduce the same behavior using the webclient where i select to play the next episode when the prompt pops up

Are you on the beta server?

Sounds like maybe there is a strange issue on the server when the item is resumed and then watched until just before the end.

joggs

Yes, beta.

Now I find a strange behavior on the server. I see that the android tv session is active from now playing on the webserver, and i can see that the playback position updates so it is the same on the tv and the server. but once each x second, the webpage update the playback position on the webpage with the playback position i was resuming from, just as if i have a separate thread on the android tv client that posts an alternative playback position each x second. Also, the web page always says that the android tv currently is playing, where the playback position is static. I will reinstall. This is just too weird :-)

Thank you for your feedback.

I'll get back to you if it appears again..

Edited by joggs