Sony Bravia - no 5.1 DD passthrough

guymyer

guymyer

Just got a Sony Bravia, my audio receiver is only capable of DD and DTS over optical. I'm getting DD 5.1 from other apps and pass through from HDMI input but emby isn't sending it. My receiver is receiving 2 channels. Downmix to stereo is not checked. Any thoughts? Going nuts trying to figure it out.

guymyer

I'm getting 5.1 from netflix, hulu, amazon prime, i also tried Kodi with emby plugin... 5.1.  Emby app itself isn't getting 5.1. I'll submit a log once I get home and report the time. 

guymyer

I just hit send log. 12pm eastern. Though I'm not sure it went through, got the android app timeout/ stopped responding. I hit wait but it didn't ever seem to completely finish. 

I just hit send log. 12pm eastern. Though I'm not sure it went through, got the android app timeout/ stopped responding. I hit wait but it didn't ever seem to completely finish. 

Sounds like you will need to try again but I need to know the name of the Emby user logged in and what, exactly, you did during the session for which you sent the log.

Thanks.

Then add the following information to your report in the forum:

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem
  • The time you sent the log
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time

guymyer

I should be on the beta already. I'll try getting off the beta and see if I can then send. I did however just try sending one and it went through.. about 3:10pm. username will, played contact

guymyer

Actually... Turning off beta got my 5.1 Dolby back. DTS however is now being downmuxed to 2.0. Is there a setting to have 5.1 DTS muxed to 5.1 DD?

I should be on the beta already. I'll try getting off the beta and see if I can then send. I did however just try sending one and it went through.. about 3:10pm. username will, played contact

There is no playback in this log...