Emby Xml plugin does not recognize 3D tags - Nfo reader duplicates ID

chjohans

chjohans

Sure, see the attached files. Take note to reduce the number of screenshots I'm only attaching details for one library, the others are configured the same way with "Save artwork and metadata into media folders" disallowed/unselected.

post-3090-0-38506500-1522166412_thumb.jpg

post-3090-0-62922100-1522166428_thumb.jpg

post-3090-0-29844000-1522166437_thumb.jpg

post-3090-0-02233800-1522166446_thumb.jpg

post-3090-0-84066100-1522166452_thumb.jpg

post-3090-0-40395400-1522166461_thumb.jpg

Happy2Play

You have nfo saving enabled but not "Save artwork and metadata into media folders" so in it should be saving to "Metadata" folder.

Happy2Play

Do you have existing nfo metadata in the media folders that are failing?

chjohans

No. It is saving to my Metadata folder. But it's also trying to write to every single .nfo in my media folders.

chjohans

@@Happy2Play - Not sure exactly what you're asking. Emby has no write access at all to my media folders and metadata is stored in a separata folder where it of course has write access. But Emby is still constantly trying to write to the .nfo's in my media folders.

@@Luke - I'm not trying to save anything. I just added removed all my libraries and added them back and noticed this behavior of constantly trying to write to my .nfo's. It's trying to write to absolutely all of my .nfo's so "which movie" is not really the question to ask.

Edited by chjohans

chjohans

I will re-post the .nfo issue in the Server General/windows forum, it does not belong here I guess and maybe it can get some focus over there in it's own topic. This thread was supposed to be about the Xml reader not reading my 3D tags, and the Nfo reader which duplicates movie ID's because they were (to me) related. Now it has been established that MCM is writing .nfo's that are incompatible with Emby. So I switched to the Xml reader and I've made sure that 3D tags are put in the Xml where the Emby Xml Reader expects to find them. So the issue that this thread was about has been "resolved", but the "Emby is writing to my .nfo's issue" is not and I'm opening a new thread for that in a more appropriate sub-forum.

Edited by chjohans