NVidia Shield Tv black screen playback with audio

brycenoland

brycenoland

I am trying to switch over from Plex.  All tablets, phones and webbrowsers are working great.  The shield tv however won't play any of my videos correctly.  I can hear the audio, but the video is just a black screen.  All other external players on the shield will play the video properly.   When I limit the bitrate on the emby app, to force the transcoding, it will play correctly.  I just doesn't play the direct stream correctly.  I just posted the logs from the app have attached the server log.

Hi.  Did you forget to attach the log?

Also, in relation to the app log you sent, can you please supply the requested information?

Reproduce your problem and then use this button to send the log.  Then add the following information to your report in the forum:

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem
  • The time you sent the log
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time

Thanks.

brycenoland

I was trying to play Daddys Home 2.  I could hear audio but only get a black screen for video.  The app log was sent at 10:00 pm MST yesterday.  The user that was logged in was Bryce.

log.txt

Edited by brycenoland

Okay, this item was attempting to play in VLC which we are not using anymore for the next version of the app.

Can you please try with the beta version?