DVD Movie Stops Playing

havak

Hi, first post here, really like your product.  Premier supporter.  Trying to get set up,, works very well so far.  However, playing "Newtown" DVD rip, stops playing @ about 20 minutes;  

Samsung Smart TV App

EMBY Server

attached ffmpeg log, hope i did this correctly.

Thank you for your time

Log.txt

Hi, in the samsung app dvd playback is only going to be experimental. You probably saw the warning about that, right? For best results you will want to consider converting to mkv. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Hi,

thank you very much for your response.  The transcode also stops for emby theater running on my desktop, same DVD, same location.  it's not so much the movie, but I just want to understand what is going wrong. I have many DVD rips, just want to get it right in the beginning.

Thank you very much!

Hi, if I'm reading correctly, ffmpeg has a problem with my dvd rip:

[mpeg2video @ 0000020b1db5f3c0] ac-tex damaged at 27 29
[mpeg2video @ 0000020b1db5f3c0] Warning MVs not available
[mpeg2video @ 0000020b1db5f3c0] concealing 45 DC, 45 AC, 45 MV errors in I frame
[ac3 @ 0000020b1dba11c0] incomplete frame

while this dvd in itself is not so important, I would like to understand what I am doing wrong before travel too far down the slippery slope of ripping more dvd's, and of course blu ray's.

powerdvd plays this dvd fine, and also I still have the original iso.

any help is definitely appreciated

Many thanks!

Hi, ffmpeg does not support DVD folders. Everything we are doing to funnel them into ffmpeg is a little bit of a hack so that is why we give you the expiremental warning. And that is also why we suggest converting them to mkv.

ok, good to know, thank you; where does the warning appear?  Is the mkv container one file, or a folder of files? does ffmpeg support BD folders?

Thank you very much!

does ffmpeg support BD folders?

No, doesn't support these either.

You should be getting a popup prior to playback about once per month.

FrostByte

A mkv is just one file which will include the video, audio, chapters and any subtitles you want inside the container.  Makemkv is probably one of the most popular and is free

• ok, again, good to know, thank you.  Seems I've been able to play BD folders (BDMV?) -> STREAM... but are you recommending mkv for BD rips as well? for emby theater? 

Thank you!