Live TV - M3U issue

abescalamis
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

abescalamis

I have a paid iptv provider and use and M3U, the issue happens when I play a TV channel that doesn't work it makes Live TV not to work anymore, I will need to restart the emby server for the live tv to work again.

The problem is that emby keeps trying to connect to the bad channel forever instead of a timeout, do you know of a setting that might help me fix this issue? 

abescalamis

Hi there, can we please look at an example? Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

The behavior after playing a bad channel:

The channel tries to load, then I go check another channel that works and it won't play, it will do the same thing, it will look like is loading, FYI - the server doesn't freeze or anything like that, after playing a bad channel I will need restart the emby server for the channels to start working again.

you will see the error easily just look at the very end of the server log I also included the ffmpeg log

Edited by abescalamis

abescalamis

@@Luke Did you had a chance to look at this issue?, I'm wondering if is something that I can fix on my end, It is really annoying having to restart emby after playing a channel that has buffering issues at certain hours.

Thank you.

Edited by abescalamis

@@abescalamis hi, what exactly do you mean by:

The channel tries to load, then I go check another channel that works and it won't play

How are you doing this?

• Solution

I think the issue is in the source stream. I took the url in your log and attempted to download the live stream. It stopped after about 30 seconds of data. This suggests to me that you need to enable the stream looping option on the m3u setup page.

• Like 1

informaweb
Hello,

He's right, when a TV channel has a mistake, it can not be read, instead of stopping when we go back, it will continue to try to be read.

When we try to launch another tv channel. It can not be read because Emby always tries to open the other. We have to restart the server Emby to be able to watch the TV channels again.

Emby should stop trying to connect to a bad tv channel as soon as you leave the channel. Or, if it's a mistake, it can automatically restart the IPTV system without having to reboot the server.

abescalamis

I think the issue is in the source stream. I took the url in your log and attempted to download the live stream. It stopped after about 30 seconds of data. This suggests to me that you need to enable the stream looping option on the m3u setup page.

Thank you, that fixed my issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem.  If a channel stops working and you happen to tune to that particular channel then Emby is hosed playing IPTV at that point until you restart the server.

Bad channels need to timeout in X amount of time and clean up properly so it can continue to work and due recordings, etc...