Live TV - m3u tuners with only radio streams should be separated

Richard Branches

Richard Branches

I recently discovered that m3u files with only radio streams can be added as m3u tuners within live TV, they work with no problems, however, they get mixed up with true live tv streams, therefore, they should be added a separate item in the library, the idea is this:

1)  Live TV tuner setup lack an option to add a name to the tuner so far:

5aaff5fb94ca1_Livetvtunersetup.png

2) If adding a name is not an option, then somehow emby should separate the stream by adding another item here:

5aaff672157af_Radio1.png

3) Or, when we setup the tuner by adding the name, another library item should appear next to the live tv one:

5aaff6d3c33db_Radio2.png

This is how playback looks so far, it needs to display the logo of the radio station but I ignore how to do that!, I hope someone here help me to achieve that...:

5aaff852cbcb2_nowplaying.png

You may be wondering why I don't use the tunein plugin, the answer is, favorites can't be accessed directly from an item on the main screen, they can be added of course, but I have to look up the station manually every time I want to listen to it, search doesn't work with voice either; I already sent a message to the developer but I haven't received any response, I guess I never will...