Musicvideo-Library, some kind of Party-Mode?

MarcWinter

MarcWinter

Hello,

I'm new to emby and am currently working on a migration from Plex. Everything works fine (and much easier, better & smoother as in Plex), but I'm stuck with the following situation:

I've got quite a large library with music videos (near 1k videos). I created a separate library and set the contenttype to "MusicVideo".

Of course I usually don't access the library in a "I want to listen/view title xyz now"-manner, but simply play random videos - especially when I have guests and want it simply as background music.

In Plex there was a shuffle button on library-level. I can't find anything similar in emby. Even more problematic: The Autoplay-Next feature can't be set on library-basis (afaik) being a kind of emergency-replacement for a shuffle button with music but I feel it being quite annoying for tv episodes, why I disabled it.

Can someone point me to a possible workaround/solution for this?

Thanks a lot,

Marc

Hi.  If you press the "play" button on your remote while focused on your music video library, you should get a menu allowing you to play all or shuffle play.

MarcWinter

Hello ebr,

sorry, this doesn't work (on FireTV). Nothing happens, when I press Play while the Music Library is focussed.

The only workaround I found just yet is to put everything in a playlist. When pressing Play while focussing a playlist, I get to select "Play" or "Shuffle Play".

Not perfect, but still a working workaround.

Marc

It is possible that functionality only exists in the beta version, sorry.  That will hopefully be getting released very soon.

Did you try hitting the "Menu" button on your Fire TV remote?

MarcWinter

Hi ebr,

I just tried both (as I'm using a Logitech Harmony as controller): Menu and Play don't have any effect.

About the beta - this could be the case - of course.

Marc