Quality selection options

roberto188

roberto188

Can you please allow the Roku app to have both resolution and bitratr quality selection? The emby app on my phone does as well as the browser. This would be a great feature as I'd like to keep alot of things at 720p buy with. Ore than 4 Mbps. Thanks.

Jdiesel

I don't believe that Emby Server ever upscales video. For example if you have a 10Mbps 720p video and your in app quality settings are set to 1080p 6Mbps the resulting transcode should be a 720p 6Mbps video. A bit confusing based on the settings I know.

I don't believe that Emby Server ever upscales video. For example if you have a 10Mbps 720p video and your in app quality settings are set to 1080p 6Mbps the resulting transcode should be a 720p 6Mbps video. A bit confusing based on the settings I know.

Yes, that is correct.  Also we prefer to leave all resolution scaling up to the display device.  There is no reason to consume server resources down scaling resolution when the display can do it with virtually no effort.

What do you hope to accomplish by downscaling to 720p but leaving the overall bitrate higher?

roberto188

Roku 3 live TV at 60fps @720p. That's the max capabikties of the Roku 3. Inorder to FORCE that I have to set the bitrate to 4mbps which is low. Would be nice to select 720p resolution and a higher bitrate.

• 2 weeks later...
roberto188

The blue neon options "max transcode resolution" is all we need. The App already sets a bitrate limit and the Blue neon option only goes into affect when transcoding, so you can still direct play 1080 content where applicable but also when the media needs to be transcoded limit the resolution.