Link a DVR schedule to an existing Library item

andyblac644

andyblac644

i would like to request the ability to link a show in dvr schedule to an existing library show, or at least allow the schedule to check ALL Libraries when the 'Don't record episodes that are already in my library.'

i.e.

i like to keep my recordings in there own library, but i would the ability to stop the DVR recording existing episodes i have in my main library for that show.

Tell you what would be a killer function and maybe not to hard @@Luke.  For TV shows add an option and settings to allow the user to flag that series for DVR recording.

This would be nice to have because it's not always possible to find a series in the current guide due to the time of year.  

I actually think we might be already doing it but i will have to review. if you notice the series in series recordings are using posters from your library, so we already have the links internally.

Cool, but just to be clear, what I was specifically talking about it being able to setup a series recording of the show from the TV SHOW section. 

For example I have "3rd Rock from the Sun" in my library but if I go into the guide none of my channels are currently showing any episodes.

It would be great to be able to set this up to record in case there ever are broadcasts of it.  Many shows are "seasonal" so it can be tricky to find/setup at some times during the year unless there happens to be reruns aired.

I think you get the request,

Carlo

• Like 3