New To MB3- How do I turn off Video Descr. in MKV Playback

bc993

Hi:

I just installed MB Classic and MB3 Server on two WMC's running Win 8.1 and really impressed with the product. I did a search on the forum for "Video Description" but could did not find anything.

My wife is hearing impaired and when playing back  MKV's from our BD library we get the Video Description narrative (aid for the blind) played in addition to subtitles when I play from Media Browser Classic.

If I play the same BD MKV file from standard WMC from Movies we don't get the  Video Description channel played. What is different regarding MKV playback from MB Classic and WMC?

Prior to installing MB3 and MB Classic I only used Shark007 codecs and everything seemed to work fine.

On another note when  I try to turn on Subs in Shark007 (DirectVobSub) on my WMC running MB3 Server then try to play BD MKV  on the Server machine it hangs and won't play the BD MKV's at all in either WMC Movies or Media Browser Classic. If I turn off the sub in shark and then try again the MKV's play but obviously without subtitles. This problem isn't a big deal as I'm the only one using this PC in my office and don't need the subs. But the issue above for the wife is a big deal. I'm sure it has something to do with conflicting codecs or something but don't have a clue.

BTW everything is 64 bit .

Thanks,

BC

Edited by bc993

AgileHumor

I switched from Shark to K-Lite Codec pack "Basic":

http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

My only suggestion with codecs is to uninstall all and layer on a good set until you have it working...and never change it again :)

Sadly, I don't use subs so don't know the details of rendering differences via WMC or MBC.

I would uninstall all codec packs and install LAV instead.

We use the WMC player for playback so there should be no difference.  Unless you did not define the library with UNC paths or use path substitution on the server such that we cannot directly access the media.

Shark 007 has been working quite well for me for 2 years not sure I'm ready to uninstall as it has worked flawlessly streaming to Xboxes using both Win 7 and now 8.1 upgrades. There's definitely  a difference in playback from WMC Movies and MB on the non server machine .  The library paths are the same, mapped drives on the MB3 server. I'll just keep playing BD disk from WMC for now. Just really like the MB interface with all the meta data etc.

Looking forward to MB or XBMC supplanting everything WMC since Microsoft has neglected WMC and it's loyal following. Maybe I'll build a separate box and play around with both xbmc and MB. Have too much time and effort in current WMC environment around the house with 2 HD Homeruns...  been working fine for 2 years.

You need to use the path substitution feature on the server. Mbc is forced to stream because you used mapped drives.