Problem with WAN HTTPS

pacoyoh

If anyone is available to jump on the beta server that would be helpful.

Just be aware that if you do jump up to beta, you cannot switch back to stable, not until the stable channel catches up to changes that are in beta. Thanks.

torinn

I've upgraded to the latest beta (I think 3.4.1.5?) this morning. Still up three hours later. I'll report back if I can replicate the HTTPS outage.

Edit: Probably doesn't merit its own post but we're now ~30h in and still up!

Edited by torinn
  • Like 1

jscoys

I've upgraded to the latest beta (I think 3.4.1.5?) this morning. Still up three hours later. I'll report back if I can replicate the HTTPS outage.

Edit: Probably doesn't merit its own post but we're now ~30h in and still up!

So?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torinn

So?

I'm unclear on what your question is. Can you elaborate?

jscoys

I'm unclear on what your question is. Can you elaborate?

Is the issue solved on your side?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

torinn

I think it's more accurate to say "I no longer see the symptoms after patching to 3.4.1.5" than "the issue is solved", but yes, it's now been 48 hours and I can't replicate the misbehavior.

I make this clarification because there were ~3 beta patches from the last major release that behaved the same way (see my earlier posts in this thread). I'll continue to patch as I can to the latest beta and provide feedback if this regressed before 3.5.* stable drops.

• Like 1

chali

on beta 3.4.1.6 x64 running on x64 ubuntu, im getting: check for plugin updates failed. the ssl connection could not be established, see inner exception.

Log ssl.txt

Skickat från min SM-G965F via Tapatalk

on beta 3.4.1.6 x64 running on x64 ubuntu, im getting: check for plugin updates failed. the ssl connection could not be established, see inner exception.

attachicon.gifLog ssl.txt

Skickat från min SM-G965F via Tapatalk

That's different. Your issue, as well as this topic, are both in relation to incoming https. The beta server on linux has upgraded to .NET Core 2.1 and there are some temporary issues with outgoing https that we are looking into, due to changes in the 2.1 runtime. You can follow discussion about that here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/59007-3414-applicationplugin-updates-failing

Thanks.

• Like 1

Jdiesel

I would recommend removing Linux 3.4.1. beta builds until this has been resolved as it is not possible to revert back to .Net 2.0 builds. Not being able to download metadata is a pretty major component that doesn't work right now and users who upgrade to the betas will be disappointed.

neik

@@Jdiesel, I agree on that part but it is possible to downgrade to the latest stable again.

Actually, I did it myself! I went from 3.4.1.0 to 3.4.1.6 beta and back to 3.4.1.0 without any issues. Metadata download is working again over here.

@@Jdiesel, I agree on that part but it is possible to downgrade to the latest stable again.

Actually, I did it myself! I went from 3.4.1.0 to 3.4.1.6 beta and back to 3.4.1.0 without any issues. Metadata download is working again over here.

FYI: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/58633-3403-virtualized-paths/&do=findComment&comment=574220

• Like 1

Jdiesel

I would recommend removing Linux 3.4.1. beta builds until this has been resolved as it is not possible to revert back to .Net 2.0 builds. Not being able to download metadata is a pretty major component that doesn't work right now and users who upgrade to the betas will be disappointed.

I meant to post this is this thread

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/59007-3414-applicationplugin-updates-failing

jscoys

Ok thx someone with this issue when trying to upgrade to 3.4.1.8?39a14a5b135f35cdb24e1ce5d4c45ecf.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jscoys

Thanks for the feedback.

So on centos 7 the 3.4.1.6 is ok but the 3.4.1.8 makes my yum crying about the dependencies I described above.

jscoys

Should be resolved for the next beta. Thanks.

Awesome!