Linux Debian Setup

MClements130
Go to solution Solved by dcrdev,

MClements130

Hello Community,

I'm looking to see if anyone know how to install emby and all it components via the terminal. I have tried to download it thru the emby.media website but it is not working. Thanks again

• Like 1

MClements130

Yes  I have and it aint allowing me to download it. Somebody in the chat here has told me you got to install something in the terminal to get the packages. Basically saying it has to be installed in the terminal. I have tried your steps @@Luke but they never work like for example when I was setting up a CENTOS 7 I had to have extra links that installed it for me. I'm guessing Linux has more codes you got to install before you can touch the files on your website. 

Edited by MClements130

can you tell us the exact problem that you had? if there was an error in the terminal, please tell us what it was. thanks.

MClements130
root@reliable-tv:/home/mclements# dpkg -i emby-server-deb_3.3.1.0_amd64.deb

dpkg: error: cannot access archive 'emby-server-deb_3.3.1.0_amd64.deb': No such file or directory

MClements130

There is a archive because I had to download it before running that command. That is what i got back after I installed that file and followed with the command shown on the emby.media/linux-server.html and selected the proper operating system

Right the instruction are intended to have you download the file first, and then install based on that local file you've downloaded.

• Solution
dcrdev

Which I did and that is the error I got @@Luke

Run this one liner as root:

wget https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases/download/3.3.1.0/emby-server-deb_3.3.1.0_amd64.deb -O /tmp/emby-server-deb_3.3.1.0_amd64.deb && dpkg -i /tmp/emby-server-deb_3.3.1.0_amd64.deb
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
gwBGfJ8xvczHo3t

Run this one liner as root:

wget https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases/download/3.3.1.0/emby-server-deb_3.3.1.0_amd64.deb -O /tmp/emby-server-deb_3.3.1.0_amd64.deb && dpkg -i /tmp/emby-server-deb_3.3.1.0_amd64.deb

wow, have been trying to find a way to install emby 3.3.1.0 on debian 9 stretch for weeks now.

your way is woking and would have saved me a lot of time, if this would be documented somewhere!

Thanks!

tdiguy

That line of "code" really did exactly what the instructions say except it eliminates human error for downloading and executing the dkpg -i command.

gwBGfJ8xvczHo3t

That line of "code" really did exactly what the instructions say except it eliminates human error for downloading and executing the dkpg -i command.

Nontheless, downloading and installing even with copy paste from the emby resource page brought up some funny issues.

Sorry for being no Linux expert...

Gesendet von meinem m8 mit Tapatalk