Scan misses some Music Videos

Victorious

Victorious

Hi,

I'm a recent convert to Emby so am currently wrangling our library into shape. It's going pretty well but I have a few queries of which this is the first :-)

We have dozens of music videos which are mostly held in folders representing the artist name. I have several instances where the Emby scan seems to have ignored some videos for no reason that I can see. They are not displayed in Emby and the .nfo and -poster.jpg files have not been created. This occurs in folders where one video is processed, and one or more others are not.

There is no inherent difference in the video file characteristics. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

Thanks.

Hi there, can you show us an example of what the folder structure looks like? thanks.

Victorious

Thanks for responding Luke.

I have attached a zip file which contains:

1. An rtf file listing the folder contents of a number of the artists showing the problem, and also a couple of artists which do not;

2. A txt file with the same information;

3. A folder containing screenshots from Emby in a browser, showing the instances where only one video from a multi-video artist has been scanned into the library.

In the rtf file, I have marked in red the artists with a problem. In one case (Delain) the subfolders have not been scanned in.

Two artists are marked in green. Evanescence has several videos directly under the artist folder, and several subfolders, which have all been successfully scanned in. Juanes has several videos directly under the artist folder, which have all been successfully scanned in.

There is one other thing I'd like to mention. In the case where an artist has only one video to their name, would it be possible to still have the 'folder' of artist name so that the artist is in alphabetical order with the rest? Or at least allow this as an option, if other users prefer it the way it currently is? Strangely, our Music Video folder has 2 artist subfolders which do not contain video files, and yet the artists are shown as a folder in the Emby browser and app.

Please let me know if you need further info. Many thanks :-)

Music Videos Problem.zip

Victorious

Regarding the 'one video only for an artist does not create an artist-level entry' issue, I have discovered that if the single video, along with its -poster and .nfo files, is put into a subfolder within the artist folder, then an artist-level entry is created with the video listed within it. A minor nuisance to have to do this, but at least it all looks better now :-)

Any thoughts on the missing videos? Thank you :-)

Victorious

Thanks Luke, I hope it can be sorted.

Is there any way to manually add video files to Emby, other than scanning? Some kind of drag and drop, or by navigating to the folder?