Blurry Cover Art When Selected

joshhuggins

joshhuggins

When navigating a folder, does anyone else have blurry cover art for the selected title when it slightly enlarges the cover art?

Edited by joshhuggins

A slight blur is normal. It's doing a scaling operation within the app on a smaller image. But looking from a distance you shouldn't be able to tell.

• 1 month later...
joshhuggins

This still drives me nuts on my living room TV from 12 feet away. Would be nice to get an option to not enlarge the cover at all if the scaling can't be done without the blurriness.

joshhuggins

Here ya go. It's not horrible in a still, but it is jarring as it toggles in and out of focus while navigating. Also kind of a bummer when we spend all kinds of time getting high quality art hunted down only to have it get burred out right in the center of the whole viewing experience. Thanks for taking time listen to me whine a bit ;)

5adce11380770_coverblur.jpg

Ok, that's exactly what i was expecting. i'm kind of surprised that you're finding that to be a problem at 12ft away.

We do already have precedent for scaling the selected item, as we do that on slower platforms such as smart tv's, so yes an option is possible in the future. We are monitoring this for community feedback and demand. Thanks.