Awakened device does not show up under play on

bigeyez

bigeyez

HI

The device does not show up under play on devices, If a device is put to sleep while Emby app is running and then woken up. I need to restart the Emby app to make it show up under available play on devices on my other devices.And that seems to be the only solution so far.

Emby works as usual  without any other issue on that device whether it is listed under play on on other devices or not. So waking it up does not interfere with Emby's other functionalities.

This is on Lineage OS 7.1

thanks

Edited by bigeyez

Hi, can you give an example? Are you referring to some dlna device on your network like a smart tv?

bigeyez

No no dlna device.

-Open Emby app on deviceA (Android)

-Use it for a while

-Check to see if deviceA is listed on other devices, most likely it will be listed as play on device.

-Put the device to sleep while the app is in the front (I just press the power button lightly)

-Wait some hours

-Awake your tablet DeviceA

-Emby will be open there,

-Go to another device or your server

-Open the play on menu on that other device

-DeviceA is not listed.

-Restart Emby app on DeviceA

-Emby on DeviceA is now listed available as play on device on other devices.

Edited by bigeyez

I see. When you awake device A, what exactly is your process of doing that?

bigeyez

Like I listed above, in that context awaking can be pressing the power button, or pressing volume keys etc. LIterally you are turning the screen on, I am not sure how this is done on ANdroid system. Whatever is called, press power to to put to sleep or turn the screen off, press again to turn the screen on.

Edited by bigeyez

Ok what if you also in addition to that, do a navigation in the emby app? In other words just move from one screen to another?

bigeyez

Navigation, playing movies etc all work in Emby app after turning it on but none of those steps seemed to make the deviceA to be available to other devices , I already tried that basically.

One this is that the device puts the wireless to sleep, basically the wireless is available only when the device is on state (to save battery). However  that works fine when the device is on, all the internet etc work including  Emby video, navigation features  that was started prior to turning the screen off(asuming it is sleep).

Basically it seems like once Emby looses connection with the server (in sleep state I assume), it never registers it back to the server as an available play on device after the device is on and Emby app is up an running, unless the Emby app is killed and restarted

Edited by bigeyez

bigeyez

Yeah the trick ( I think) might be to set your wireless such that it is turned off in the sleep mode (there is a setting in every android for that), so the Emby app running thinks no internet is available  I guess.

Edited by bigeyez