Artist Picture Problem

Bushido76

Bushido76

Hello Emby Community,

I'm using emby for several weeks now on my new synology DS118 and I'm really glad that emby supports the Realtek CPU in the new power efficient disk station series. (Plex i.e. does not)

So far everything is working ok but several questions came up, (some are partially discussed in this forum) but I have no idea, what would be the correct way.

My complete music library consists of FLAC files with metadata tags (including cover picture) stored in file. So the album view is working fine for me. What brings me some headache is the Artist Picture view. The automatic download functions only collected around 50% of the artist pictures so I was looking for the "manual way". I found the "add picture function" which works ok, but it is very time consuming. I read in another post, that it's not possible to store artist pictures in the media folder (i.e. with folder.jpg file).

1) Did I understand right?

As I cannot access the "package folders" (in /var folder) on my NAS, I wanted to move the metadata folder to my media volume. That worked ok, but the pictures itself are referenced via NFO-file in the package folder in the /var dir. So I can't see any way to make a backup of my artist pictures.

2) How can I move the Artist Pictures Folder to my media volume too?

As I could not find any solution to:

- put artist pictures into media folders

- move the complete artist pictures folder to media volume

- show artist pictures from the flac file

3) What would be the correct solution to collect the pictures in one place and to back them up for future device/volume changes.

Thanks in advance

Bushido76

Edit: I'm using the latest server 3.3.1.0.

Edited by Bushido76

hi @@Bushido76, welcome. There is no way to move artist images directly into your music folders, but you are able to customize the server's metadata folder path. That would allow you to move it to the media volume if you prefer.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

Bushido76

hi @@Bushido76, welcome. There is no way to move artist images directly into your music folders, but you are able to customize the server's metadata folder path. That would allow you to move it to the media volume if you prefer.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

Hi Luke,

thank you very much for your hint - I really appreciate that. Moving the folder did the trick, but with the "first try" I have moved the folder after the automatic artist identification. After deleting the library and re-initializing I can find all pictures in the target folder. That's great. :)

Regards,

Bushido