Emby For Kodi - Download Subtitle question

abescalamis
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

abescalamis

Do you know what happens if I select native mode and then I download a subtitle using kodi and have the option in kodi to save the downloaded subtitle next to the video.

Does it save it next to the movie even if using it outside the local network?

• Solution
Angelblue05

You can't use emby for kodi outside your network if you are using native mode...

If you are within your network, using native mode, it should work. If you are outside your network, your paths are still network paths.

The only way to use emby for kodi remotely is using the addon playback mode. And that requires a reset of the local database to make the switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

abescalamis

You can't use emby for kodi outside your network if you are using native mode...

If you are within your network, using native mode, it should work. If you are outside your network, your paths are still network paths.

The only way to use emby for kodi remotely is using the addon playback mode. And that requires a reset of the local database to make the switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapata

And I guess there is no way to use the native mode from outside the network, I was asking this because I'm new to this addon but you made it clear about the modes: Native=LAN  addon=WAN.

Angelblue05

Addon WAN and LAN. The addon provides the file path to kodi at playback time. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk