Content rating and metadata updates

karldonteljames

karldonteljames

I'm a little confused at why some content shows content in emby for wmc, and others do not. (shown in pictures)there is metadata attached to them, (shown in pictures attached.)  I can see that the metadata for one is "R" and the other is "Rated R" does that make a difference?

When viewed via browser content rating is shown on all files.

I've set emby to scan libraries for updates every 30 days, will that update the xml/nfo file in each of the media folders, or does it just save to the database, and will it overwrite the information i.e. movie name, or will it just update things like content rating and add missing metadata?

I'm using Media Centre Master to add my media, and on the whole it performs well, as well as sorting and adding all of my media automatically. - I'm just not sure if I'm missing something. I'm glad to see the 3.3.1.0 update has fixed the library issues too. Thanks for that!

post-4144-0-09050900-1520282305_thumb.png

post-4144-0-76864800-1520282311_thumb.png

post-4144-0-90324100-1520282323_thumb.png

post-4144-0-20461500-1520282536_thumb.png

We support a plain rating - "R", "PG-13", etc. 

If you prefix or suffix that with custom text, we can still display it as plain text, but certain things like parental control calculations won't work, as well as matching up images with the ratings.

karldonteljames

Thanks Luke.

I've not made changes to these myself, I assume this was taken from one of the fetchers when either MCM pulled the original information, or when emby updated it.

Is there a way that emby can look at these and then update them in bulk? 

We don't have bulk editing but we'd like to add this in the future. in the meantime notepad++ supports bulk editing. @@Happy2Play is pretty handy with that.

karldonteljames

Thanks.

I have both nfo and xmls in my media folders, as it looks like the two contain different information.

The xml contains "R" is the "Content rating" & "MPAA rating" but the .nfo contains "Rated R" - I believe the nfo (which contains information that emby doesn't understand) was created by emby today, in a metadata refresh.

How about this part luke?

I've set emby to scan libraries for updates every 30 days, will that update the xml/nfo file in each of the media folders, or does it just save to the database, and will it overwrite the information i.e. movie name, or will it just update things like content rating and add missing metadata?

I've found in metadata manager I can stop it updating the title, so I've simply unchecked that. so at least I know it isn't going to change the title and rename the files for me.

Thanks Again.

Karl

Edited by karldonteljames

It depends on whether or not you enabled saving to local metadata for that particular library. But for xml the answer is no because the xml plugin does not have saving support, only reading.

karldonteljames

Thanks again Luke.

I refreshed the metadata using emby yesterday, and the data has now been updated and is showing the ratings of "R" and "GB-15". Do i just wait now until emby updates and replaces those with the "certificate" picture? - Anything that is using a UK rating (i.e. 15/18) has the certificate showing correctly now (attached) - Is there a way to "map" international ratings like "R" to and "PG-13" to it's closest match, i.e.

R = 18,

PG-13 = 12A, and have it integrate the parental controls that way?

If the xml files are no longer used by emby, is it ok to "clean them up" by deleting them all? or will that cause me other problems?  I Assume if i do this, MCM will be able to read the nfo that emby created and display that, rather than reading the xml it created?  - I deleted one of the xml files from a movie, and emby is still showing the information correctly, but mcm is hilighting the movie as having missing data, and isn't showing any information at all.

post-4144-0-97654000-1520332669_thumb.jpg

Edited by karldonteljames

karldonteljames

Emby has renamed changed the titles of alot of my media: e.g. "Smurfs, The" is now the "The Smurfs", "Christmas Carol, A" is not "A Christmas Carol"

Can I stop Emby from doing this at the next auto refresh?

Emby has renamed changed the titles of alot of my media: e.g. "Smurfs, The" is now the "The Smurfs", "Christmas Carol, A" is not "A Christmas Carol"

Can I stop Emby from doing this at the next auto refresh?

Those are the proper titles but you can always edit them.

Why do you want them that way?  They will still sort properly and show the proper titles (Emby is smart like that ;)).

karldonteljames

Once I've edited them, will emby update them again? I've "unticked" title on each of my library.

One of the reasons is for box sets: thing like fast and the furious where naming isn't exactly logical I prefix the titles e.g:

"fast and furious 1"

"fast and furious 2: 2 fast, 2 furious" (just an example.)

Some children's movies were renamed to foreign titles, (i've correct those I think) - things like "Shaun the sheep" was renamed to Russian title.

Should MCM be able to read the generated files by emby?

I think MCM support nfo, so yes. If you lock the name is should be OK.

Happy2Play

Once I've edited them, will emby update them again? I've "unticked" title on each of my library.

One of the reasons is for box sets: thing like fast and the furious where naming isn't exactly logical I prefix the titles e.g:

"fast and furious 1"

"fast and furious 2: 2 fast, 2 furious" (just an example.)

Some children's movies were renamed to foreign titles, (i've correct those I think) - things like "Shaun the sheep" was renamed to Russian title.

No, MCM only exports xml metadata to nfo files.

karldonteljames

Thanks to both @@Luke and @@Happy2Play I appreciate your help. would be great if MCM was updated to read the nfo by default. the last part of the question, is if there are any plans to have "international mapping" for certificates as mentioned above?

Thanks.

We do have mappings already built in by converting the ratings internally to a numeric value for the purposes of parental control comparisons.

• 9 months later...

hi Guys,

As the same Issue, the function updating metadata from a lot of contents on internet, that is the value of EMBY.

But some times this function overwrites content which has been edited by user.
Everyone will be happy if we have more option for this function, 
instead of only
  "Lock (or not lock) this item to prevent future changes"
but adding
  "Fill up empty content"  (it means not change the content already had)

Happy2Play

hi Guys,

As the same Issue, the function updating metadata from a lot of contents on internet, that is the value of EMBY.

But some times this function overwrites content which has been edited by user.

Everyone will be happy if we have more option for this function, 

instead of only

"Lock (or not lock) this item to prevent future changes"

but adding

"Fill up empty content"  (it means not change the content already had)

Doesn't the "Search for missing metadata" option already do that?