Too many packets buffered for output stream 0:0

medarion

medarion

Since the upgrade to version 3.3.0.0 some of my videos won't play, when transcoding is required. The issue is related to this thread: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/48628-too-many-packets-buffered-for-output-stream-00/ and this known regression in ffmpeg: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/6375 which is apparently not fixed in recent versions.

Here are the logs: server-log.txt transcoding-log.txt

As suggested in the ffmpeg bug report, it helps to increase -max_muxing_queue_size. Is it possible to adjust the ffmpeg params which emby uses in some config file?

Hi, we don't have a setting for this, no. Can you provide a sample video for testing? Thanks.

Strange. In my test I had no problem with this file - both in a remux example as well as a full transcode.

medarion

That's unfortunate. Did you test it on Windows? Maybe it only happens on Linux. It's also unrelated to hardware transcoding, I just tried it without.

I guess I have to wait until it is fixed upstream or manually reencode the source file.

medarion

In case someone else stumbles upon the same problem: here it was sufficient to reencode the audio streams (in contradiction to ffmpeg saying somethong ebout stream #0!), while reencoding the video and copying the audio did not help.

So after doing:

ffmpeg -fflags +genpts -i test.m4v -map 0 -c:v copy -c:a aac -max_muxing_queue_size 4000 out.m4v

Emby was able to play/transcode the file.

• 2 months later...
pueex

happens to me as well. i run from docker, do i need to take an older version of ffmpeg and replace the ffmpeg on the docker ? 

happens to me as well. i run from docker, do i need to take an older version of ffmpeg and replace the ffmpeg on the docker ? 

Hi there, best thing to do is discuss an example and attach the information requested in how to report a problem. thanks !

• 1 month later...
blastbass

Hello,

Where i can add this parameters to use with emby ?

I've this problem with many files and the same error.

@@Waldonnis what do you make of these errors?

ffmpeg version 3.4.2 Copyright (c) 2000-2018 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 6.3.0 (crosstool-NG crosstool-ng-1.23.0)
  built with gcc 6.3.0 (crosstool-NG crosstool-ng-1.23.0)
  libpostproc    54.  7.100 / 54.  7.100
[matroska,webm @ 0xf074c0] Format matroska,webm detected only with low score of 1, misdetection possible!
  configuration: --enable-cross-compile --cross-prefix=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu- --cc=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc --cxx=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc --arch=x86_64 --prefix=/srv/buildbot/x64/ffmpeg-x64/staging --pkg-config=pkg-config --disable-doc --disable-ffplay --disable-ffserver --disable-xlib --enable-fontconfig --enable-gpl --enable-iconv --enable-libass --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopus --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-libzvbi --enable-version3 --extra-libs='-ldl -lexpat -lfreetype -lfribidi -lfontconfig -liconv -lpng -luuid -lgmp -lhogweed -lnettle -laddns-samba4 -lasn1util-samba4 -lauthkrb5-samba4 -lCHARSET3-samba4 -lcliauth-samba4 -lcli-cldap-samba4 -lcli-ldap-common-samba4 -lcli-nbt-samba4 -lcli-smb-common-samba4 -lcom_err -lcommon-auth-samba4 -ldbwrap-samba4 -ldcerpc-binding -ldcerpc-samba-samba4 -lflag-mapping-samba4 -lgenrand-samba4 -lgensec-samba4 -lgse-samba4 -lgssapi_krb5 -llibcli-lsa3-samba4 -llibsmb-samba4 -linterfaces-samba4 -liov-buf-samba4 -lk5crypto -lkrb5 -lkrb5samba-samba4 -lkrb5support -lldb -lldbsamba-samba4 -lmessages-dgm-samba4 -lmessages-util-samba4 -lmsghdr-samba4 -lmsrpc3-samba4 -lndr -lndr-krb5pac -lndr-nbt -lndr-samba-samba4 -lndr-standard -lreplace-samba4 -lsamba-cluster-support-samba4 -lsamba-credentials -lsamba-debug-samba4 -lsamba-errors -lsamba-hostconfig -lsamba-modules-samba4 -lsamba-security-samba4 -lsamba-sockets-samba4 -lsamba-util -lsamba3-util-samba4 -lsamdb -lsamdb-common-samba4 -lsecrets3-samba4 -lserver-id-db-samba4 -lserver-role-samba4 -lsmbconf -lsmbd-shim-samba4 -lsmb-transport-samba4 -lsocket-blocking-samba4 -lsys-rw-samba4 -ltalloc -ltalloc-report-samba4 -ltdb -ltdb-wrap-samba4 -ltevent -ltevent-util -ltime-basic-samba4 -lutil-cmdline-samba4 -lutil-reg-samba4 -lutil-setid-samba4 -lutil-tdb-samba4 -lwbclient -lwinbind-client-samba4 -ldrm' --target-os=linux --enable-shared --disable-static --enable-gnutls --enable-libsmbclient --enable-cuda --enable-cuvid --enable-nvenc --enable-vaapi
[matroska,webm @ 0xf074c0] Read error at pos. 1 (0x1)
  libavutil      55. 78.100 / 55. 78.100
  libavcodec     57.107.100 / 57.107.100
  libavcodec     57.107.100 / 57.107.100
[matroska,webm @ 0xf074c0] EBML header parsing failed

@@blastbass

Waldonnis

Looks like a malformed mkv...or maybe not really an mkv file at all.  I've seen people on the Internet recommend just changing file extensions on video files before (from mp4 to mkv), so it wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't actually a Matroska file at all.  Another possibility is that the file wasn't finished writing (doubtful, since position 1 is where it hit an error on one file)...or that there's a disc problem where the file is stored.

Fortunately, checking to see if a file really is a Matroska container is really easy.  If you're on Linux, you can just use 'head file.mkv' and the first line of the output should have the string "matroska" in there.  If you're on Windows, using 'type file.mkv | more' should show the string as well in its first page of output.  If it's actually an mp4, you'll probably see 'mp4' in the first few lines of output instead.  If the file extension is wrong for the type of file it is, renaming it properly should do the trick.  If it is actually a mkv after all, then it's either corrupted or there's a disc problem where it's stored.  In either case, you can try to copy it somewhere else and see if the problem persists...but it may not be recoverable if the file is too badly damaged.

Oh, one other thing you can try is remuxing it with something like MKVToolNix.  It's usually pretty good about detecting the real container type (if it's wrongly named) and the remux may fix any errors in the container of the original file.

• Like 1