Customize DLNA View

MBSki

MBSki

I'm really new to Emby (just installed today), and may have missed a recent update that does this already, but is there a way to customize the DLNA view? I'm using a Denon Heos receiver, but when I browse the Emby Server, which I plan to only use for music on DLNA, it's a very confusing set of options. The only way I can get to what I want is by going into folder view, but it takes a ton of clicks to get to a short list of Albums, Artists, Songs, Playlists, Genres. That's all I want to see as soon as I select Emby server. Attached is a screen shot of Serviio which has a great implementation of this type of customization. Any chance this is available or could be implemented in near future?

Hi, why does it take a ton of clicks? Can't you just click Music on the first level?

MBSki

Not sure. Almost seems like it's just buggy. I attached a word doc with a series of screen shots. Basically 4 screens to finally get to my playlist. And playlist doesn't appear on the first page.

Screen Shots.doc

Edited by mbarylski

What are those four screens exactly? It works fine in my testing on for example, a Samsung TV.

All share -> Emby Server -> Music library -> Playlists -> Select playlist

or

All share -> Emby Server -> Music library -> Artists -> Select artist

MBSki

Those screens are what I have to step through to get to Playlists. So, on the Android Denon Heos app it would be: Music Servers -> Emby Server -> Artists -> Music -> Playlists. It seems like there should be a Playlists option right after selecting the Emby Server.  

You should actually have Playlists at the top level. We are definitely including that. Since you're on android can you compare with bubble upnp?

MBSki

The library displays correctly in Bubble UPNP. Is there something in the Denon AVR profile that causes the library to be handled differently?

MBSki

Ok, thanks ebr. Being able to customize the DLNA View like Serviio does would still be a nice feature. But, it would be good to fix this strange library view that I'm seeing first. 

Can anyone with a Denon receiver test DLNA? Are you seeing the same clumsy library view that I am? it takes too many steps to get select an artist or playlist.

You can customize the dlna view. All of the library display settings that we offer will apply to dlna as well, so I would suggest exploring those in the web interface. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

MBSki

Ok, thanks. Must be the fact that it's not working for me that I can't tell the dlna view is customized. Hope I can get this fixed. Could be some issue with Denon, but since I can view my library correctly using the Serviio server, there must also be something on Emby that's causing it to showing up differently. Anything that you can suggest I try to get it to work properly?

I would use bubble as a reference when editing settings. Then we can try and figure out why your receiver is rendering differently. It might require something proprietary that we're just not aware of.

MBSki

Ok, I tried that, but Bubble UPNP can't see Emby as if it's a Denon client for some reason. I can hit Emby directly from Bubble UPNP, but what I really need is a view in Bubble UPNP as if i'm accessing my library from the Denon Heos app. I can see the Denon, but it won't let me browse it at all. So I can't really test anything in Bubble UPNP. Maybe it is something proprietary as you suggest.