Emby won't refresh media on new server and RSYNC task completes

obsodien

obsodien

Built a new server primarily for the use of being a media server.  Put all the hardware together and successfully install FreeNAS 11.1-U2.  I went ahead and created a "collection" ZVOL as well as a "movies" ZVOL within.  i researched the best method of transferring the files over (2.7 TB) and RSYNC seemed to be the winner....  I set up RSYNC module and RSYNC task on the server (old freenas) and just the RSYNC task on the client (new freenas).  left the settings at default for both sides...with exception of preserve permissions.  that i checked marked.

Once RSYBC completed... 20hrs later..  i made sure that the persionssions were identical on both systems user:Media group:Media..

installed EMBY, assigned folders and IP address and started plugin in.

got into web interface to configure EMBY and set up folder to point to path of collection and destination as /media.

when i go to refresh nothing happens and below is the LOG from start to end...

2018-03-01 19:29:01.977 Info TaskManager: Executing Scan media library
2018-03-01 19:29:01.977 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 204 to 10.0.0.13. Time: 2ms. http://10.0.0.225:8096/emby/ScheduledTasks/Running/6330ee8fb4a957f33981f89aa78b030f
2018-03-01 19:29:01.978 Info App: Validating media library
2018-03-01 19:29:01.981 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://10.0.0.225:8096/emby/ScheduledTasks?IsEnabled=true. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/64.0.3282.186 Safari/537.36
2018-03-01 19:29:01.983 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 10.0.0.13. Time: 3ms. http://10.0.0.225:8096/emby/ScheduledTasks?IsEnabled=true

2018-03-01 19:29:02.007 Info TaskManager: Scan media library Completed after 0 minute(s) and 0 seconds 

New system:

MB: SUPERMICRO MBD-X10SDV-TLN4F-O (overkill, i know)

RAM: Crucial CT2K8G4RFS424A 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 RDIMM

HD: 5 x 3TB in RAIDZ1

Edited by obsodien

obsodien

I am doing each folder within the collection zvol at a time.  That currently contains; movies, tv_series, home movies, and music.  both the server and client have movies as the path and both are the same... \\mnt\volume1\collection\movies.  the only difference between the two were that the old freenas server, the movies directory was created from windows as a folder within collection.  collection was a windows share created in freenas.  on the new freenas server, movies was created has a zvol under collection.

that may be an issue and it may not.  if it is, i will find out in about 12 more hours.  This issue of seeing anything in the /media destination in the jail is almost identical for PLEX...  with PLEX, i can't even see the movies folder....  Let me know if you think the different creation methods might be the problem.

still a noob and still expanding my knowledge base....

Thanks for the info. What i'm curious of is whether Emby library setup shows that you have libraries and if it displays those paths that you've added. The log suggests that you haven't gotten that far. In other words, it didn't fail trying to scan something, but rather it doesn't appear to have attempted any scanning at all.

obsodien

That's the confusing part...  I have two systems, theoretically identical in server configuration including using the built in MEDIA user as the owner of the collection zvol...i can see both the /media directory in both jails, but that is all in the new server, but no movies listed...  I went ahead and copied in a home movies in the Home Movies folder via windows, added the folder to Emby and it found it just fine... I haven't even attempted to install SABNZB or SONARR till i can resolve this simple problem...

obsodien

RSYNC has completed copying from the old FreeNAS to the new FreeNAS server....  this last attempt i duplicated the creation of the folders within the new collection zvol from windows instead of a new zvol within the collection zvol.  

The refresh of the movies folder in EMBY worked this time and movies were brought in....

still curious on if this was an EMBY issue or a FreeNAS issue.  i wouldn't have thought the creation method of the folder would be an issue...  But it seems to be the only one left.

• 10 months later...

We have submitted pull requests to both Sonarr and Radarr to help them update to the new library update API in Emby 4.0.

Have fun !