wmc crash after playing tv show and pressing back button - log included

pd veeps

pd veeps

wmc version 3.0.140.0 3-14.1 with chocolate theme. I was playing a tv show. pressed the back button to get back to the tv show folder and wmc crashed. I've attached logs, hopefully the right ones.

wmc crash logs.xml

Unfortunately, it was Media Center that crashed so I have no idea why or what to do about it.

Did you try to go back while the item was currently playing?  It may be a display driver or codec problem.

pd veeps

Ok so I finally narrowed down the problem. It's only when I use my codec to decode the Video on any .mp4 container. All themes are in an mp4 container so that makes sense. I was using ffdshow without issues for a few months but the problem is recent. I tried to uninstall all codecs and reset windows codecs but the problem is still there. I even tried lav with no luck.

If I let windows decode the video, I don't experience any crashes, but I lose my codec mixing capability. I want to be able to disable media foundation for.mp4 so I can mix up the 2.0 audio to dolby.

For now I'm letting windows media foundation handle the mp4 files and letting my avr mix them,

I can remux all my mp4 movies to mkv if I have to but prefer not to.

Has anyone else had similar mp4 issues in wmc with mbc?