Buffering Issue

Erik
Go to solution Solved by Erik,

Erik

Hello,

First, Great App, I use it all the time.

I am trying to play a BD with the Windows 8 App and it buffers about every 10 seconds or so. I have played BD before without any issue, so im not sure whats going on. When I lower the streaming quality to Medium, it works ok, but the quality obviously suffers a lot. Its a wired connection and I have attached the ffmpeg if it helps.

Added: Also, works fine with the highest quality setting when using the MBS web interface to play it.

Thanks,

Erik

Edited by Erik

Tikuf

From the ffmpeg logs it is converting fast enough.

The 27930 kb/s bitrate may be an issue either with the device or your network.

Try hitting pause and leaving it for about 20 seconds then play I would suggest if it still buffers it is the device if not it is the network.

Erik

Hi, I tried pausing it right at the beginning for about 20 seconds...and then no buffering on max quality for the test (watched about 5 minutes).

So, it that a server end problem or what do you think? any logs I can provide to help?

Tikuf

Ya server logs may give a hint as would he logs from the app.

It sounds to me like the device buffer is not filling fast enough due the the high bitrate (the pause allowed it to fill) playing a full movie may result in the the same issue appearing later on in the movie (5 mins may not be enough to see it return) but that is just a blind guess.

Erik

Hi Tikuf, thanks for helping me out!

So I cleared the logs, then tried to play transformers BD, it paused as mentioned, did the pause for a bit, played again, the buffer did come back as you thought it might several minutes later.

Logs attached (using MBS Version 3.0.5188.21314 and the Win 8 App) - and again, no buffer with MBS web interface or MBT

Thanks!\

EDIT: where are the logs from the win 8 app? the "view logs" in the app is empty.

Edited by Erik

Tikuf

I haven't looked at the win8 app for a long time what happens if you drop the bitrate down (I think it should do a full transcode rather than a stream copy and drop the video bitrate)

Erik

The only options I see within the app, is for the transcoding quality, Max/High/Medium/Low. I have to go all the way to Medium (which looks like an old VHS playback at best...) to get it to stop buffering.

I think its related to the Win8 App as its fine in the web browser (At the highest quality), MBT (No transcoding of course) and the iPhone app (At highest setting of full 6mb/s).

thanks again

• 4 weeks later...
  • Solution
Erik

This problem has been resolved with Version 1.5.1. Perfect Max Quality, no buffering or artifacts at all!!

Thanks team for making a great product better!

• Like 1