Emby preventing hard drive hibernation

memetopal

memetopal

Hi everybody.

Already posted in another thread, but I thought I would start a new topic as my issue is persisting on the new server version 3.3.0.0. I have an Xpenology system where Emby seems to be preventing the hard drives entering hibernation. When Emby is not running, disks behave as expected and go to sleep after the specified period of inactivity.

Already tried deactivating DLNA with no luck. Any ideas on what might be happening?

Should i upload some kind of log? If so, could you indicate me how to proceed, as i am kinda noob?

Thanks in advance. 

Try disabling the automatic port mapping feature under Advanced. Please note this may require you to configure your router for external access.

memetopal

Hi. I think that might have solved it, as now disks do enter hibernation, however i've seen in the 'Log Center' that they keep waking up every 1 or 2 hours. Does anyone know how could i check what are the causes of this, if its due to Emby or any other app or system event?

Thanks in advance.

memetopal

What was the solution?

As far as determining the cause of the wake, @@solabc16 may know the answer to that.

Thanks !

It seems that disabling automatic port mapping, as you suggested. Thank you, by the way!

solabc16

Hello @@memetopal

Glad that solved it, let me know if you need any further assistance with the system not hibernating.

We made a handful of improvements during the course of last year, to address issues with Emby Server preventing hibernation 'out of the box'.

Typically now, if the system isn't hibernating and stopping Emby Server resolves it, the most likely cause will be because it's writing something to the log - so this is the first place to check : Dashboard -> Expert-> Logs

You may have noticed the additional text we added here:-

5a9f04a69d130_enable_debug_logging.png

Best

- James

The next server release will also further reduce some Info logging slightly as i did a small review of that.

• Like 1

memetopal

@@solabc16 @@Luke Thank you both for your response and the constant improvements in Emby. Checking the logs i think i have found the problem: by default, there is a scheduled task to 'convert media' every 3 hours (more or less the time when my disks wake up). As i don't need this task, i´ll deactivate it and see what happens. I will give it some time and report the results i get.

Edited by memetopal

memetopal

@@solabc16 @@Luke Thank you both for your response and the constant improvements in Emby. Checking the logs i think i have found the problem: by default, there is a scheduled task to 'convert media' every 3 hours (more or less the time when my disks wake up). As i don't need this task, i´ll deactivate it and see what happens. I will give it some time and report the results i get.

Yep. That was it. Now my nas sleeps like a baby.  :)

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...