Transcoding Issue - Log Sent

notla49285

notla49285

Hi, in relation to this topic >> https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/56095-force-transcoding/&do=findComment&comment=545898

I've just switched on debugging on the Fire Stick and recreated this issue. I have the latest version of Emby Server (3.3), tried playing a file that has an incompatible audio stream (think it's down to it being 5.1 and Fire Stick can only play 2.0), and the Fire Stick has attempted to direct play the file and subsequently failed. I get a loading screen whilst it's attempting to play the problem episode then after a while the screen goes completely grey, tries again and fails.

Sometimes it will crash the stick, though this hasn't happened today. The current workaround I have in place is putting a low bandwidth restriction on the user to force the server to transcode the file, which then plays back fine and instantly. Logs submitted at 16:46 25/02/2018. Emby client user is "farkhamhall", playing Ripper Street - S02E01 - Pure as the Driven, Emby server running under my username (notla49285).

notla49285

Hi, you also attach the server and ffmpeg logs? Thanks !

Hi, how/where do I do this? I can get the logs but attach them to what?

notla49285

Okay, the direct play attempt is happening in VLC and the next version won't be doing that.

Is it possible for you to join the beta program and try that version on your stick?

The Amazon account isn't mine and the user doesn't want to go through the Beta route :/

They are fine with the workaround at the moment, sorry about this. I have my own stick somewhere at home if I can find it I'll try the beta myself.

Hi, how/where do I do this? I can get the logs but attach them to what?

First you might want to try Ebr's suggestion in post #3. Thanks.