Roku channel not loading live TV

atb8621

Looks like my roku channel was updated a few days ago and live TV is no longer working on both my rokus. I was out of town and just got back but my wife told me it hasn't been working the last few days.

Live TV works fine when playing through the web browser when trying to tune the same channel. On the roku I just get the loading circle forever.

I can play my stored media fine. It just seems to be an issue with live TV.

I'm using a hdhomerun connect.

I tried reinstalling the roku channel but that didn't help. I restarted the sever multiple time to not avail. I havent tried reinstalling the server yet but I don't think it's a problem there. It just seems to be with live TV.

Emby Roku app used Version 3.0 Build 64 (Roku stick and Roku premier)

• Not working for Live TV.
  • If I try to go back and load another channel I can but the loading circle stays in the forefront and doesn’t go away.
  • Media stored on my server loads and works fine.

Emby in Firefox

• Live TV can tune to multiple channels no problem.

I’m not getting any error messages in the Roku app. I’m just seeing the loading circle in attached photo. I’ve let the app load like that for 5+ minutes and still nothing. I’ve tried uninstalling the Roku app and reinstalling. I’ve checked for the latest server version (I’m running 3.3.0.0 I just updated that today and was running 3.2.70). I’ve tried updating my Roku software.

I’ve attached a copy of the server log. I also attached the latest copy of the transcoding log but it’s from an earlier timeframe.

If you need anything else please let me know.

post-238739-0-63023400-1519499331_thumb.jpg

Emby Server Log.txt

Emby Transcode Log.txt

Beta version seems to be working.

I'll update if I have any further issues.

Any idea why the official release app stopped? Should I continue to just use beta version going forward?

Thanks.

Thanks.

You should stay on beta at least until the next official release.  Whether you want to stay after that is up to you.

miltuxon

I have the same problem described by @@atb8621 but with the iptv channels through M3U Tunner, the load circle remains forever and the reproduction does not start, as I describe in this post https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/56326-livetv-m3u-tuner-no-playing-channels-on-roku/

When release the new stable version, beta channels are not accessible in my country.

When release the new stable version, beta channels are not accessible in my country.

If you click on the link it won't let you install the private channel?

Unfortunately, it takes at least a week to get through Roku review.

I believe this issue is related to channels that have no or incomplete program information.  So, if there is a way for you to get accurate guide data, then that will also be a fix I think.

miltuxon

If you click on the link it won't let you install the private channel?

Unfortunately, it takes at least a week to get through Roku review.

I believe this issue is related to channels that have no or incomplete program information.  So, if there is a way for you to get accurate guide data, then that will also be a fix I think.

Nop, in some countries the beta channels are not accessible.

Then I will wait for stable release, thanks.

post-288436-0-76088000-1519507239_thumb.png

• 6 months later...
achharsingh

Hi,

The LIVE Channels are not working on ROKU and normal playlists are working without any issue.

The LIVE Channels are working in web browser (Emby Server).

The error is "There was an error in the HTTP response. This could mean that malformed HTTP headers or an HTTP error code was returned."

http://whmcslabs.com/IMG_3760.mp4 (for error)

Can you please advice what can be the issue?

That error comes up when the response isn't a 200. The server logs would give an indicator what is up.

Need more input!

ffprobe failed for "http://<snipped url>:25461/live/xstreamcodes/xstreamcodes/374.ts" - streams and format are both null.

ffprobe failed for "http://<snipped url>:25461/live/xstreamcodes/xstreamcodes/553.m3u8" - streams and format are both null.

It looks like ffmpeg stumbles upon the same problem ..  Error starting ffmpeg, Broken pipe

Edited by speechles

How do these streams work?

Is there a limit on how many devices at your IP address may access these? What I mean is, if I watch on the PC, then watch on the Roku it might fail on the Roku. The reason a single stream instance is provided per IP. If I watch on the PC whilst the Roku tries to load from the same provider it might say, no way. I can't watch on the PC and the Roku at the same time. This would give the same result as you get now and the provider returns null as your data. Instead of data the video contains nothing but the eof marker. Essentially an empty file. They do this to break people who may attempt to retry after an actual error, say a 404, 500, 501, etc.. If instead I give you a 200 and an eof it gives you nothing. This is how they handle piracy(over subscribing) of iptv streams. The provider is doing this not emby.

Do you know how many streams you can use from that provider? Do you know if the same stream you play on PC, then stop it. Wait a bit, perhaps a minute. Now try that same stream on Roku does it fail? The reason I ask all this is these providers usually do not offer much in the area of concurrent streaming. They want you to pay more to play more at once.

Edited by speechles