Linking help

jls7193

Hi,

I’m new to the community so I’m sorry if already been asked and I just can’t find it.

Once I install the app onto my Samsung tv or some updates devices like laptop it asks me to constantly put in IP address and port number but on my Xbox I was able to link my server up via ‘pin’ is this not available for other devices and it’s a lot easier to access.

Thanks.

Hi, what model Samsung do you have?

I think it’s 2013 series.

But my laptop is very latest model and having same problem with that but had to open browser to link but don’t get access in the app only on browser.

I have tried skipping and constantly the page is resetting to this or a different page which just states up and port

What happens when you press skip on that screen?

What happens when you press skip on that screen?

You’re just redirected back to the same part it’s like there is a missing link or something missing on other software you could just press back and the pin was there but not on here just missing

Is your model an F series then (Fxxxx)?

E series I believe

Ok well getting back on topic of the TV app, this is a community app built for older Samsung devices. It does not support the Emby Connect login feature that you're using on the Xbox.

What this means is you'll have to enter the server address manually. It must have a setting to remember the login info, right @@FrostByte?

Ok well getting back on topic of the TV app, this is a community app built for older Samsung devices. It does not support the Emby Connect login feature that you're using on the Xbox.

What this means is you'll have to enter the server address manually. It must have a setting to remember the login info, right @@FrostByte?

Ah fair enough that’s fine, I was just checking because I saw it on other devices etc and was wondering why this was.

FrostByte

Ahh, E-series is 2012 then.  That picture threw me off, must be from another app

True, the old community app never had Connect added before the developers stopped working on it.  Once you've added your IP/port and logged in the first time there is an option in the settings to remember User, etc.   You should not have to enter that anymore.