Existing Media folders 'vanish' everytime MBC is started

andrewback

andrewback
3.0.140.03-14.1 MBC

3.0.5188.21314 MBS

1.0.5164.78 Trailers

Dear All,

I am not sure which forum to post this so I have chosen this one as this is were my problem 'appears', I have done my best to search the forums for this, so if it has been brought up before, my apologies.

I have just registered to use the forums but have been using MBC for many years after using Media Portal, XBMC and MyMovies, I can honestly say that MBC is the program of choice, it has always done everything I needed it to do, has never broken for me and I have never needed to get support for any issues.

My set up is simple a 8GB NAS box in another room which stores all of my films in .iso format, and a standalone PC in the bedroom which is a software stripped Win7 and solely used for WMC with MBC.

My other half is not a lover of tech so I've got the system to fire up, log straight into WMC she then chooses MBC and it logs straight into her account and there I have 3 media folders for her, one called Movies, one called Music and the add in Trailers. She picks movies, picks her film and bam, it plays. Everything works and everybody is happy.

When shes finished she hibernates, then its ready to use again another time.

(I personally restart the pc regularly and scan the database when she's not about, just to keep things working, updates etc).

When the system restarts either from cold or from hibernate the three media folders have always been available from the start, just recently though, I can't be exact when, but now when MBC starts the only folder available is the add in Trailers, the Movies and Music folder do not appear until the system has been manually rescanned. Now many of you are probably thinking this is no big deal but it takes away the simplicity of usage for my family, which in my eyes has always made MBC the perfect choice.

It has always worked before, but now it isn't.

I could get the server to update the database on certain events, but that all takes time and I have never needed to do it before.

I have checked through all the settings and do not understand why MBC is not now 'remembering' these folders. I have MB theater installed as well and the same thing happens there, so I am 'assuming' it is server based as both programs pull their information from the server.

I hope this describes the situation well enough, any help from you clever people would be greatly appreciated, if only to stop the other half and the kids from moaning that their films keep disappearing!

Thank you all in advance

Need to see a server log when this happens but my guess is that either the network interface is not initialized in time for the server's initial library scan from waking or, the server is so busy at this time that the request for the items is timing out.