Metadata/Library Emby - Kodi compatibility?

abescalamis

abescalamis

I just wanted to ask how emby handles the metadata and artwork, I just started using emby 3 weeks ago, I always been a hardcore kodi user, and use a program called Ember Media Manager to scrape all of the artwork and movie info and save it into the movie folder for Kodi.

I want to know how emby will interact with the information, nfo and artwork, I don't want to activate options that will end up messing up my library. I remember that once I was trying a media center that name artwork diferent than kodi and end up with with two sets of the same artwork but named differently. 

I will love to activate this option if Emby and  kodi work in harmony, I would like emby only to save any missing artwork not to redownload what is already there, I don't know if emby names the artwork like kodi.

If it works like I want I will give emby r/w access to my media folder, if not I will just keep it the way it is, currently it downloads and saves everything in the server side.

This is how my movies are stored/organized

5a8f4291a2163_Folder.png

In this, section I would like to select save artwork and metadata into media folders

5a8f38f4f1fcf_LibrarySettings.png

In this section, I will also select art, banner and disc (Kodi uses this too)

5a8f404f55457_Metadata.png

in this section, I will also select copy extra fannarts into extrathumbs, and also select save image path withing nfo files.

But I don't know about the enable path substitution, I wondering what effect will that have to my set up.

5a8f409133ac3_NFOsettings.png

Edited by abescalamis

Hi, we've designed our  metadata support based upon kodi nfo standards, specifically using the kodi wiki as a point of reference.

From that standpoint, it should just work, however if ember media manager is doing anything proprietary then that could be a point of disconnect.

• Like 1

abescalamis

Hi, we've designed our  metadata support based upon kodi nfo standards, specifically using the kodi wiki as a point of reference.

From that standpoint, it should just work, however if ember media manager is doing anything proprietary then that could be a point of disconnect.

Hi, Ember also uses Kodi NFO standards so I will go ahead and activate this, can you please tell me what does the "path substitution" option do? also where is the metadata saved in the server side so that I can deleted after I'm done.

Thank you.

Happy2Play

If your media comes with metadata Emby will do nothing, no matter what the settings are as it only Reads Existing metadata.. Emby only writes metadata for media without metadata or you are doing a Refresh All/Missing.

• Like 1