Add language and subtitle selection on Android TV app

kesm

Hi, 

On the web app it's possible to select language and subtitles before launching a movie/episode

Bcu1vG0.png

Can you add the same thing on the android tv app?

90Ha7Qo.png

I have some episodes with .ass subtitles that are automatically transcoded when I launch them, it would be better if I didn't choose these subtitiles when I launch my episodes.

Thanks in advance

Hi.  You can switch subs after playback begins easily from the OSD and that selection will be remembered on subsequent playback.  You can also adjust your defaults so that those subs are not chosen by default.  If this is a chronic problem, that sounds like your best approach.

The problem with the pre-playback selection in this interface is that there just isn't a very good way to make it look good, easy to use and obvious how to use it.

I'm sure it will get in there eventually, though - probably as an option on the "More options..." menu.

Web interface is really nice and I'm sure it could be great and visible on a TV, you should try to have the same interface on android tv devices. 

It's a reccurrent problem, but I don't solve it the same way anytime : 

Sometimes I want to see a movie/episode with dubbed audio, sometimes I wan to see with original audio with subtitles, sometimes without. Sadly I can have a default behaviour.

A "more option" could also be nice even if I think a unified interface could be better.

Thanks for your answer, now I just have to wait :)

Hi.  You really can't have the exact same interface in apps that have very different usage patterns.  The web app is designed for touch or point and click interfaces and close-up usage whereas the TV apps are designed for remote controls (linear navigation only) and 10' usage.  So, some things really do need to be different.

We will add it to a more type menu in the future.

• Like 1