Server application set up

glevey

I just installed the emby NAS server application on my Synology NAS. (I'm a newbie; thanks in advance for your patience.) I got to the point where I "Add media library". I started with adding "TV Shows". I clicked OK, but I have to add a folder by navigating to it. I have no content that I want to add. I have no tv shows stored anywhere. I have an emby premiere account. I plan to use this to get content. It doesn't want to move along if I don't have tv shows already saved. I'm sure it will be the same with movies. Thanks for any help you can give.

Hi, welcome. We're not a content provider. Emby is a personal media server so you will need to add your own media. Thanks !

But I have subscribed to schedules, and I thought that emby records shows. (Sorry to be dense.) So when (if) it records shows, would they be stored on the NAS?

I do have my own source of live TV. I get it through an antenna. I still don't understand how to install Emby on my NAS server when it gets to the point of adding media library folders. My main goal is to have emby store recorded shows on my nas. I appreciate any suggestions you can give, especially about how I should add the media library folders.

Edited by glevey

What you could do is purchase an HD Homerun Network TV Tuner. Then once you have that, Emby will detect that and you'll be able to play Live TV using Emby apps as well as record, manage your DVR, etc. 

Ok then since you don't currently have any media libraries, you can skip that part of the setup wizard. then once you get into the emby server dashboard, you can navigate to the live tv section and setup your hd homerun as well as schedules direct.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.