Playing random episodes of a series (shuffle)...not so random

jrcorwin

jrcorwin

Maybe I am just imaging this...but here is what I am experiencing.

I often like to have a particular TV show on in the background. I have every single episode and I've seen them all multiple times. Rather than viewing them in sequencial order, I just like to play them in random order. With Plex, this order seems to change each time. So when it plays an episode I want to skip I can just cancel playback and hit shuffle again. Each time I get a new mix. With Emby...it seems like the random order follows the same exact sequence each time. No matter how many times I try, it always starts with the very same episode and then that pattern continues. It's certainly not playing them in the order they aired, but it's not exactly shuffling either.

Edit: Okay, so I tried to replicate this so I could post the log. Now it's playing 1 of 2 different episode each time I choose "Shuffle All." Over and over it starts off with one of those two. They also happen to be much newer episodes from the current season 11 of The Big Bang Theory and stored in a different location than seasons 1-10.

Log.txt

Edited by jrcorwin