Fire TV Live TV incorrect Data

arche

Not sure how to explain this, I have someone watching live tv through a fire stick. When he connects, the clock on the admin dashboard with start counting for how long he has been watching, then after about 5 seconds, will skip ahead randomly by a few hours. Not sure why. Restarted the server to duplicate and get fresh logs same results. Attached logs.

Thanks

Edited by arche

Now he says it just went black on the screen and won't do anything. No sound or picture. Attached are updated logs.

Edited by arche

Not sure how to explain this, I have someone watching live tv through a fire stick. When he connects, the clock on the admin dashboard with start counting for how long he has been watching, then after about 5 seconds, will skip ahead randomly by a few hours. Not sure why. Restarted the server to duplicate and get fresh logs same results. Attached logs.

Thanks

This doesn't sound like it is really a problem, correct?

The app reports time in relation to the current program on the channel (if that data is available).  It may not have this information at the exact second it starts which is why you may see it change.

Now he says it just went black on the screen and won't do anything. No sound or picture. Attached are updated logs.

This sounds like maybe he lost his connection to the stream...?

Was he able to back out normally?

Sorry for the delay, I have two users now with the same issue. This is only on Live TV, movies play just fine. I had the one user send logs from the app. TV will play, then stutter and then just go to black screen and usually happens after about 15-20 minutes of streaming. Both users time counter on the admin dashboard will skip ahead anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours for no reason. But as I said, no problem playing movies at all, just a Live TV issue. I am going to each users home's tomorrow to check settings and verify the problem. I have also installed a new SSD drive on my server, reinstalled emby stable, same issue, then installed the latest beta 3.3.0.2, same issue. But they can stream Live TV for hours without issue on the Chromecast, so I am not sure there is a settings issue.

Are these both Fire Sticks and does the hang always happen at about a minute past the hour or half hour?

These are both fire sticks, as far as the hanging time, are you referring to the time on the admin dash or how long it takes for them to freeze and go to the black screen? If so, it's really random 10 or 20 and sometimes 30 minutes. But they usually never last longer than 30 minutes. Since I've just redone the server the only real logs on the server are theirs. I am attaching a zip file of the logs if this helps. Not many in there but not sure what else I could provide at the moment.

Edited by arche

If so, it's really random 10 or 20 and sometimes 30 minutes. But they usually never last longer than 30 minutes. 

I mean when it freezes up and can't continue.  Based on the above, it does sound like it happens on the hour or half hour.

If that is the case, I know what it is and it is fixed in the current beta.

• Like 1

I mean when it freezes up and can't continue.  Based on the above, it does sound like it happens on the hour or half hour.

I believe this is actually what it is, I had one of them just try again and about 30 mins, almost exact, froze and black screen. I told them to just wait a bit on the next release and see if that is the issue, in the mean time just use Chromecast for live tv.

Thanks

arche

Hate to ask, any idea on a time frame for the stable release (getting harassed by a couple users :)). Tried to sign up for the beta, but not sure if you're still accepting beta testers or just haven't gotten to it. No biggie, was just curious.

Thanks

Hate to ask, any idea on a time frame for the stable release (getting harassed by a couple users :)). Tried to sign up for the beta, but not sure if you're still accepting beta testers or just haven't gotten to it. No biggie, was just curious.

Thanks

The beta invite was sent to the email you indicated right after you requested it.  It would have come from Amazon.

arche

The beta invite was sent to the email you indicated right after you requested it.  It would have come from Amazon.

Ok, figures, going to have to go and yell at someone. Sorry about this.

Ok, figures, going to have to go and yell at someone. Sorry about this.

Don't yell :).  Stuff like this gets stopped by spam traps or not noticed all the time.

arche

lol, only yelling cause they're yelling at me...

I am only having the issue on one channel so far. Not sure why the mlb network is causing the same issue after 30 minutes. But I am going to reset everything and start with fresh logs to give you to see if it is something else or a loose nut behind the remote...  ;)

But I did get them setup on beta, just a little confusing as it still shows the same version number when choosing the "Emby Test" icon vs the regular "Emby" icon. Is this correct?

Thanks

Edited by arche

But I did get them setup on beta, just a little confusing as it still shows the same version number when choosing the "Emby Test" icon vs the regular "Emby" icon. Is this correct?

No.  You have to remember that, in Android, apps don't actually close unless you force-close them.  So, it may be re-activating the regular app when you try to start the beta one.