Not all seasons displayed

Erik
Go to solution Solved by Yogi,

Erik

Hi,

MBT just updated when I launched it and now when I went to watch an episode in season 21 it isn't there...shows up in the web browser and also if I mark an episode in season 21 as unread it shows up in MBT as in watched in the TV home screen. However, going into the show and browsing the seasons only show 1-20 (no season 20 or specials in fact).

Thanks

SikSlayer

In the non folders view, I don't see seasons at all, here's a pair of screenshots to compare:

When I navigate to the folders:

5327bf65069eb_Folderview.jpg

When I navigate there through the TV Shows section:

5327bfbfade98_Seasonsview.jpg

• Solution
Yogi

I have had the same problem,go into the metadata in the server for that series and check the season metatdata.Make sure it has a season number against the respective season as below. I fixed it by putting in the season numbermake sure you click the save button at the bottom.

5327d1dd16934_Untitled.png

• Like 1

Erik

Thanks Yogi, that fixed it. Not sure what changed as the previous version of MBT saw it just fine and then it was gone...and all the others had the season numbers present in the editor...

Thanks again!

SikSlayer

But....that's absurd. Why do I suddenly have to do this for every season of every series in my collection? I didn't change anything in my metadata that would have caused this.

SikSlayer

And I thank you for that.............. well, I haven't just yet, so Thank You. ;)

We have to figure this out. Because, if I add another series/season, this may or may not happen, and we should find out why. Maybe its a bug.

I'm gonna test by renaming my season.xml files in a few series to see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...
DGMayor

Any word on this?   

So here's the thing, I can go in and edit them, but if you do a refresh on the season, it nukes the season #.

Edited by DGMayor

SikSlayer

I knew this wasn't resolved. I didn't change my files or anything, and suddenly I was having this problem........ and refreshing the season and making it come back again only proves it.

Yea as mentioned in another thread, I think for those of you who run with our core metadata service turned off, there is probably an issue resulting in too many things getting skipped.

SikSlayer

Good to know you've cornered a possible cause.

BTW, Which thread did you mention this?

I don't know. But I'm pretty sure that's the issue. just going to need someone to step up and test lots of scenarios and reports results with what works, what doesn't work, etc.

DGMayor

Yea as mentioned in another thread, I think for those of you who run with our core metadata service turned off, there is probably an issue resulting in too many things getting skipped.

I'm full MB3 Metadata.

DGMayor

Update - I had old "season.xml" files in the season folders that basically had no info in them.  I deleted all of these and refreshed each collection containing tv shows and the season field populated for all.