[Solved for me] Emby for Kodi force a multiversion file?

bgx

Hi angelblue05.

Because the limitations of the cache in Kodi whitdh the transcoded hls stream I startet to make my own streamversion on the embyserver. That means I have 2 versions of a file in emby. One for local streaming and one for outside with a lower bitrate.

Is there a way to force play a multiversion file in Emby for Kodi?

That would realy realy nice. :-)

EDIT:

Ah, and only force a special multi version if there are multiversions otherwise everything normal... :-)

Edited by bgx

Forgive me angelblue05 I hadn't tried.

Will do so later.

Can I force a special version without choose?

Gesendet von meinem MHA-L29 mit Tapatalk

Sorry angelblue05 had to explain better. I mean can I set that a device only choose version X to play?

My scenario is that I have begun to make a version for streaming with smaller bitrate. Because the limitations of the transcoding in kodi and the problems with buffer of a hls stream is so small I start to convert my own streaming versions which can handle the kodi playback buffer.

Now I wish to program a kodi client outside my house to only play the stream versions of a file and for userexperience not to ask.

Hope now you understand what I mean?

At the moment I have a workaround for my scenario. I set tags stream and notstream and prevent the user outside to see the files with the tag notstream and the local user doesn't see the files with tag stream.

At night I convert the originalfiles which was first a notstreamversion to a lower bitrate that can be streamed and so I must delete all the tags at night and resync the database.

I would be nicer if I can directly pick the version to serve. :-)

EDIT:

After again thinking over it I think it make no sense...

I think I will better delete the stream version at night at set a  symlink to the normal transcoded version. With the symlink I save the playcount also.

Thanks anyway and keep up the great coding :-)

Edited by bgx

Correct @nullpointer for now I've coding me the workaround. Will see how good it works...

Angelblue05

Correct @nullpointer for now I've coding me the workaround. Will see how good it works...

Why not make a pull request? :)

• Like 1

@@Angelblue05 Pull request? You mean in GitHub? Python?

You know I don't understand python. I've coded the workaround per bash script convert the video files on the fly as streamable video files and write NFO tho serve this special version to emby users outside my network for good streaming experience.