Downloads are invisable until transcoding finishes

timandsteffi

timandsteffi

I've been using the Emby app to offline sync TV show episodes from my Emby server so I can watch them on the train. The way Emby does this can be very frustrating - you tap 'Download' on the episode, choose a quality and then...nothing! I thought the feature just wasn't working and was thinking of ending my Emby Premiere subscription because of it.

I later realised that actually the app is waiting for my Emby server to transcode the file before it can download (and the download itself was reasonably fast). This is fine, but how are users supposed to know about it? I only saw it because I happened to login to my (Linux) server and check the process list with ps, and saw it hard at work transcoding the video file I'd requested a few mins ago.

Hi this is good feedback thanks. Currently on the home screen if you click the gear icon next to the my downloads header, there you will see the download queue.

timandsteffi

That's very out of the way - if I click the 'cogwheel' icon next to 'My Downloads' it'll show 'Transcoding 0%', but it doesn't have any way of showing the progress. It's also basically hidden from the user. Instead, is it possible to have a 'Emby: download pending, waiting for transcode to finish on server hostname.domain' or something in the notification bar on the phone?