Can't FFWD or RWD

Sammy

Pushing the FFWD or RWD button just loads this at the bottom and selecting FFWD or RWD from here does nothing either.d8e2308eda6ae177f7a22d82198bef1c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

FrostByte

The OSD chapter skip buttons |< >| like when you play a Blu-ray disc have done nothing for a long time now (hope this comes back at some time).  The FFWD >>  and RWND << buttons are working on mine though.

Edited by FrostByte

No matter what I do, FFWD or RWD on either the remote or selecting them in the bottom pop up, nothing happens.

The Pause button was merely what was in focus when taking the picture. Using the arrow button on the remote to select FFWD or RWD doesn't work.

FrostByte

The skip buttons don't do nothing, rather they go back and forth in your now playing queue.

But nobody uses now playing :)

Couldn't the OSD buttons while watching a movie still function as skip though even though you remapped the remote?  If they aren't going to work then maybe they should be hidden.

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

FrostByte

No matter what I do, FFWD or RWD on either the remote or selecting them in the bottom pop up, nothing happens.

The Pause button was merely what was in focus when taking the picture. Using the arrow button on the remote to select FFWD or RWD doesn't work.

What TV model do you have?  Version of the app?  And you are talking the >> and << which don't work right?

Let me clarify, this is for *.wtv WMC recordings. The one tested *.mkv worked fie.

[Picture deleted to not reveal s/n]

UN40M5300.

Edited by Sammy
  • Like 1

Thanks, I'll try and dig up some wtv files, everything I have is mkv

Maybe I can upload one to my Google drive for testing purposes?

• Like 1

FrostByte

Maybe I can upload one to my Google drive for testing purposes?

If you could that would be great.  

FrostByte

Not sure if it makes a difference, but the M5300 user manual doesn't list wtv as a supported format for streaming.  Just odd that forward and reverse search buttons work for mkv and not wtv.

Did you update firmware to 1156 which just came out?

I'll test your upload when you got it ready.

The skip buttons don't do nothing, rather they go back and forth in your now playing queue.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but the M5300 user manual doesn't list wtv as a supported format for streaming.  Just odd that forward and reverse search buttons work for mkv and not wtv.

Did you update firmware to 1156 which just came out?

I'll test your upload when you got it ready.

I uploaded the *.wtv file and sent both of you a PM. It is a little large but I figure you have a fast internet connection??

This is the TV F/W? If *.wtv isn't supported won't Emby Transcode it?

Edited by Sammy

BTW, Server side says Direct Playing and the source is LiveTV right now, not RecordedTV. Wife's watching so you know..

5a8a13ca372af_DirectPlayingLiveTV.jpg

FrostByte

If interested I guess you could try updating from USB

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2017-led-tv-m530x-series#productInfo

- Model : M5300, M530D, M4500
- Version : 1156.0
- Improved usability 1. Improved browser performance 2. Improved app performance 3. Improved stability 4. Improved usability of input devices

FrostByte

BTW, Server side says Direct Playing and the source is LiveTV right now, not RecordedTV. Wife's watching so you know..

5a8a13ca372af_DirectPlayingLiveTV.jpg

It could be that it plays, but if not tested by Samsung all functionality may not work and that's why it's not on the supported list in your manual.  Maybe it could be remuxed into a file format which is supported if indeed that's the problem.

I'll check back later when you get the chance to upload something and test. 

If interested I guess you could try updating from USB

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2017-led-tv-m530x-series#productInfo

- Model : M5300, M530D, M4500

- Version : 1156.0

- Improved usability 1. Improved browser performance 2. Improved app performance 3. Improved stability 4. Improved usability of input devices

Wondering if this includes the updated ET app?

FrostByte

Samsung is always vague on exactly what they are talking about in their updates.  I have seen f/w updates fix peoples issues like this in the past, but those release notes don't really say for sure

It's going to take awhile for this to download, I live in the boonies and depend on satellite :(  

FrostByte

Well, this is odd.  That file Direct Played on my TV also once I turned off "allow video playback that requires conversion without re-encoding" in my user profile but I'm able to FF and RW with no problem.  I've tried the <<, >> and the left and right directional arrows and they all work.  If I turn on the option above it Direct Streams.  The file type wtv isn't listed in my user manual either as a valid container, but it obviously works.

​We are running different versions of the app though, so that could be the issue also.  Did you by chance try the new firmware for your TV just in case?

I updated the f/w. Weird thing is some *.wtv files will FFWD and RWD and others won't. What would be the reason for that? Seems it should or shouldn't unless there's something else.. The ones I checked are all mpeg2 BTW.

So I found that if the file is being transcoded the FFWD and RWD controls work. For whatever reason, sometimes they're being transcoded and sometimes they aren't?

8c25a3c5ba54f1e0d729a71ee8f44693.jpg4f983a9806b8239247b413cd01811cd9.jpg

Edited by Sammy

We try to direct play, and if the player reports an error with the file we automatically switch to transcoding.

We try to direct play, and if the player reports an error with the file we automatically switch to transcoding.

Can I force transcoding for a particular client?