Login behavior not honored

mastrmind11
Go to solution Solved by mastrmind11,

mastrmind11

I have one of my Shields set to login as me automatically.  For some reason, it is not being honored, and was working as recently as last Wednesday.  @@ebr, I sent a log from the app from when the app launches, pings the server, then presents the user selection screen at 9:12 EST.  At this point I am forced to enter the user info manually (since it's an admin user hiddden from the user selection screen).  I noticed when the app launches, the circle spins for longer than it has in the past, and the user selection screen pops up.

Thanks

• Solution
mastrmind11

I reinstalled the app and now it is working for now.  However, getting a ton of volley errors.  Investigating.

edit:  Ok so this appears to be a bunch of stuff going wrong at once.  I rebooted my NAS this morning and it jacked up my nfs shares and I didn't know it.  Thus the volley errors when trying to play anything but Live TV and likely the reason for the longer than expected spinning circle during server discovery in the ATV app.  Since fixing the nfs mount issue and kicking off a manual library scan, everything is back to normal.  Whether this NAS issue had anything to do with the auto-login not working is another question.

Out of curiosity, would it be possible for the app and/or server to report when shares are offline or the media one tries to play is not available?  VolleyError is pretty ambiguous.

Edited by mastrmind11
  • Like 1

Yes, I'm sure this was the source of your login issue as well.

The "Volley Error" should have also had some text after it.  Probably something like "timeout error".

"Volley" is the network layer we are using in Android.