TV's confirmed working with Stream To DLNA?

allen00se

allen00se

I would just buy the tv you want to buy and not base it off of our very first DLNA release. I promise whatever we support now will be dramatically expanded say, a month from now as we learn more and refine it.

Is there any specification you recommend I look for when purchasing? Or just that it supports DLNA? 

allen00se

Is there a list somewhere of compatible tv's? I was about to buy a new TV+Roku then saw the new server will push to DLNA clients. So I would prefer to just buy a TV that would work and not have the Roku.

I would just buy the tv you want to buy and not base it off of our very first DLNA release. I promise whatever we support now will be dramatically expanded say, a month from now as we learn more and refine it.

swhitmore

Is there any specification you recommend I look for when purchasing? Or just that it supports DLNA? 

It needs to be specifically a DLNA 'DMR' (Digital Media Renderer). It's hard to find exact details, but I believe all Samsung TV's built in the last 5-6 years are a DMR (I could be wrong though). Samsung call it "Allshare" and it looks the TV you linked does support it. Take a look at this guide.

pmac

I have a Samsung UN50EH5300 and confirm it it works. I'd imagine the 32" 5300 series would work as well since it's the same series

7illusions

It has to be a device that supports the DMR standard ( Digital Media Renderer).

Some devices, like the PS3 (and I guess PS4), only supports DMP (Digital Media Player), which in reality means that it can play streams from sources but cannot be controlled.

So, if you want to find out if we will be able to support your device, make sure it supports DLNA DMR

Ghostm

It has to be a device that supports the DMR standard ( Digital Media Renderer).

Some devices, like the PS3 (and I guess PS4), only supports DMP (Digital Media Player), which in reality means that it can play streams from sources but cannot be controlled.

So, if you want to find out if we will be able to support your device, make sure it supports DLNA DMR

i use dlna typically for  playing music through an avr. My yamaha avr has a dmc control option is that the same?

I downloaded an app called skifta which pushes music to a dlna client and i was able to control it while playing on my avr. But currently i get that 500 server error. 

7illusions

The Error 500 is us I think, we, just need to figure out why..

Since your Player shows up in MediaBrowser it supports DMR. We check the device when detected and if it doesn't have DMR capabilities we don't display it.

Ghostm

The Error 500 is us I think, we, just need to figure out why..

Since your Player shows up in MediaBrowser it supports DMR. We check the device when detected and if it doesn't have DMR capabilities we don't display it.

Thank you, great to know how this works.