Error in country metadata

luramirez24

luramirez24

When capturing the libraries and selecting for example:

Language - Spanish 

The metadata it brings are from Spain, the same happens when selecting other Latin American countries such as Argentina, Colombia, etc.

These metadata are totally different in content and idiosyncrasy.

In Latin America 660,000,000 people live

Maybe it could be modified to bring the correct metadata

I hope the post is helpful

luramirez24

Of course @@Luke, I show you some examples, in some my eyes cry blood when reading

Maybe if you take the data that are in IMDb, I think they are more coherent

Original title

Latinamerica

Spain

Die Hard

Duro de matar (Hard to kill)

Jungla de Cristal (Crystal Jungle)

Point Brake

Punto de quiebre (Breaking Point)

Le llaman Bodhi (They call him Bodhi)

The Pacifier

Niñera a prueba de balas (Bulletproof Babysitter)

Un Canguro Superduro (A Super Hard Kangaroo)

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Eterno resplandor de una mente sin recuerdos (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind)

¡Olvídate de mi! (Forget about me!)

The Parent Trap

Juego de Gemelas (Twin game)

Tú a Londres y yo a California (You to London and I to California)

Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice (Beetlejuice)

Bitelchús (???)

Nacho Libre

Nacho Libre (Nacho Libre)

Super Nacho (Super Nacho)

Fast and Furius

Rapido y furioso (Fast and Furius)

A todo gas (At full throttle)

Inside Out

Intensamente (Intensely)

Del reves (Reverse)

Braindead

Muertos de miedo (Dead of fear)

Tu madre se ha comido a mi perro (Your mother has eaten my dog)

Edited by luramirez24

Can you please pick one example, show us what the folder structure and file name looks like, and then show us what you see in emby? thanks !

luramirez24

Oki Doki

_

The program Emby its on c: and the movies on d:

i attach some files:

Movie interfase browser

1.- Diehardinfo

2.- DieHard2

3.- diehard3

4.- diehard4

Library interfase browser

5.- diehard_library_interface

Metadata interfase

6.- diehard_metadata

7.- diehard_metadata_images

Metadata Storage files D:

8.- Die Hard.info

9- Die Hard.spa.srt

10.- Die Hard-disc.png

11.- Die Hard-landscape.jpg

12.- Die Hard-logo.png

13.- Die Hard-poster.jpg

Metadata path on C:

14.- path_metadata_c

I really like emby hopefully the comment serves to improve

post-82380-0-77780100-1519329649_thumb.png

post-82380-0-28454100-1519329658_thumb.png

post-82380-0-69751000-1519329671_thumb.png

post-82380-0-60305500-1519329680_thumb.png

post-82380-0-98172100-1519329687_thumb.png

post-82380-0-02832400-1519329698_thumb.png

post-82380-0-99315600-1519329709_thumb.png

8.- Die Hard.nfo

9- Die Hard.spa.srt

post-82380-0-40923500-1519329738_thumb.png

post-82380-0-46335300-1519329755_thumb.jpg

post-82380-0-92557800-1519329763_thumb.png

post-82380-0-55599300-1519329772_thumb.jpg

post-82380-0-83348700-1519329783_thumb.png

• 5 months later...
Synerge

I bump this thread, as this still happens

The issue here is that no matter what country you choose, only Spain spanish is parsed (Always refering to spanish-related countries and on sites that actually support different types of spanish like themoviedb or maybe imdb)

You say that you have es-es (spain) and es-mx (latin america), but only es-es is parsed. Mexican should always be chosen unless you put Spain as country

It should be a fairly easy fix to do, and will help a lot because all the countries in latin america have their own translations, dubbing and titles located in mexico and they are different in most cases to the ones located in spain

The easiest fix would be to choose Latin America in country and then parse as es-mx to get the data as we currently know it. You can obviously add all the latin-america countries in the same procedure. I can give you the list of the countries if you need

Also there is one thing to have in mind. If es-mx is missing, es-es should be used as second choice

Thanks

Edited by Synerge

Hi, have you checked moviedb.org to see if they have your movies in the language you want? They may not have it.

Synerge

I did. I will write some info so you can see what we mean

Right now there are in games, movies, etc 2 types of spanish. Normal Spanish (from Spain) and Latin American Spanish (Used by all countries in Latin America)

On Emby we have the options to set the metadata language and the metadata country

On language we always set: Spanish; Castilian

What is wrong here is the metada country, because it doesn't change the language used on certain websites

So for example a movie: Bruce Almighty

On TheMovieDb.org it has the 2 types of spanishs

Spain Spanish: https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/310-bruce-almighty?language=es-ES

Latin American Spanish: https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/310-bruce-almighty?language=es-MX

If you open the links you will see that in the first one the movie is called "Como dios" and in the second one is called "Todopoderoso"

So, what we need?

If metada country = Spain ------> use es-ES (Spanish from Spain)

If metada country != Spain or country = LatinAmerica -----> use es-MX (Spanish from Latin America)

And if the es-MX doesn't exist in theMovieDb try to retrieve the data with es-ES as not every movie has boths, maybe only those that are different has boths languages

I don't know if the other websites support multiple spanishs, but with just theMovieDB would be great to actually parse the right data for us, considering that we are a lot more here in latin america than in spain

That would be all. I hope you can understand what I'm refering to

• Like 1

Mibok

I'm in the process to cleanup a little the metadata of my media and noticed this behavior. As commented before usually the es-MX title is the used in all latinoamerica mainly with the exception of brasil due their language. At least in TheMovieDB.org several movies have the es-MX metadata option if not we can add them later, but the thing is that even with Emby metadata configured to "Language= Spanish; Castilian" and "Country= Mexico" the title and metadata pulled is from es-ES. I hope you could do something in that respect.

• 1 month later...
Synerge

I believe that's exactly what we need to fix this issue. Instead of parsing all spanish languages to ES, parse latin america countries to ES-MX and then rest to ES-ES

So you're saying on the language preference configuration we need to let you choose the variation of spanish that you want. Is that correct?

• Like 1

Synerge

Or choosing the variation or setting it directly depeding on the country you choose. Whatever is easier for you

To be honest there is no much point on choosing, as everyone in latin america will choose es-mx, and spain will choose es-es. I dont think there are other alternatives. But if you add the variation on the list, its fine also

What is somewhat relevant on this change, is that es-mx is like optional, but es-es appears pretty much always. So if you cannot parse es-mx, then es-es should be choosed. But well, step by step

• Like 1

If es-es is chosen: ES-ES -> if doesn't exists then parse EN (like it works right now)

If es-mx is chosen: ES-MX -> if doesn't exists then parse ES-ES -> if doesn't exists then parse EN

Just an extra step for es-mx, if that is possible to you. es-es -> en and es-mx -> es-es -> en

Right the problem is that changes the paradigm add makes this a larger project because we don't currently do that.

luramirez24

Hello, in what can be done a bigger and particular change for each country in the software, a solution could be to consider changing the default Spanish to es-mx considering that this type of Spanish represents 90% of the Spanish spoken in the world +400 million people in Latin America vs +46 million people in Spain

Personally I'm ok with es-mx and then fallback to English if not avaliable, I have plans to add es-mx in the movie database to all the movies in my library. Although it could be great if the language could be selected at a movie/series level too.

But the ideal way is what synerge said.

Enviado desde mi Redmi 4A mediante Tapatalk

Edited by Mibok

Hello, in what can be done a bigger and particular change for each country in the software, a solution could be to consider changing the default Spanish to es-mx considering that this type of Spanish represents 90% of the Spanish spoken in the world +400 million people in Latin America vs +46 million people in Spain

I understand what you say, but take in account that the internet adoption is way lower in Latin America. That's why isn't uncommon that in the movie database you encounter es-es language and not es-mx.

Happy2Play

Personally I'm ok with es-mx and then fallback to English if not avaliable, I have plans to add es-mx in the movie database to all the movies in my library. Although it could be great if the language could be selected at a movie/series level too.

But the ideal way is what synerge said.

It can, just click edit metadata and scroll down.

• Like 1