Is there a way to edit the filters?

Gronda
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

I realised a few weeks ago that I had a huge range of ratings logged for my media, mostly UK (where I am) but a fair few US. I use MediaElch to scrape media data, write NFOs and grab image files so have worked through all the files and corrected things. I have also refreshed all the metadata in Emby. But even though all the files are now correct I'm left with the full range of old parental ratings in the filter option rather than just the ratings that now exist in the library - this screenshot shows the issue:

post-104854-0-19678500-1518716149_thumb.jpg

Is there any way of editing these filters to remove the blank entries?

Edited by Gronda

• Solution

Hi, these are ratings that exist in your media metadata, so what you would do is simply update your metadata and then the filters will automatically adjust. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi Luke. I tried that once I'd got the NFO files fixed and again a few days later. No change in behaviour. I do have a few files setup for a second user account - might it be pulling from both sets?

Are you sure you edited all the nfo's? Because if you're seeing that in filters it means that you still have media in emby with those ratings assigned. why not try editing directly within emby instead?

Pretty sure, yes. MediaElch which I use to scrape media data pulls its contents from the NFO's and only lists the relevant UK ratings. And as in the screenshot I posted, when I select the old certifications that are listed no media shows up.

I don't use Emby to scrape the data as I don't find that functionality very user friendly and I can't find a way to log certifications without the irrelevant GB- prefix.

Nonetheless, Emby appears to not have picked up the changes. Check the nfo's by hand because we support mulitple tags to hold the rating, and it's possible mediaelch updated one but left the other with the old value.

I trawled through the 900 or so NFO files and couldn't find any erroneous entries and so took a different tack and grabbed a copy of the database file, opened it in DB Browser for SQLite and started hunting through the database. Looks like the problem was with the collections created in Emby (so no NFO file in play) as several of these have acquired the US rating as opposed to the UK. So just need to run through the various collections and manually update the ratings: problem solved.

But one last question - is there a way to get rid of the GB- prefix to the built in ratings? I'd prefer to have the actual UK rating i.e. "15" rather than "GB-15".

Happy2Play

I trawled through the 900 or so NFO files and couldn't find any erroneous entries and so took a different tack and grabbed a copy of the database file, opened it in DB Browser for SQLite and started hunting through the database. Looks like the problem was with the collections created in Emby (so no NFO file in play) as several of these have acquired the US rating as opposed to the UK. So just need to run through the various collections and manually update the ratings: problem solved.

But one last question - is there a way to get rid of the GB- prefix to the built in ratings? I'd prefer to have the actual UK rating i.e. "15" rather than "GB-15".

Did you check the xml in the collections folder then?   **\Emby-Server\data\collections

Thanks, didn't know where those were stored so good for future reference. As it is I've fixed the erroneous entries using the metadata manager and the ratings filter list is now much shorter. This just leaves the 15 vs GB-15 question but having dug through the settings I can't see any obvious way of correcting this.

Happy2Play

Thanks, didn't know where those were stored so good for future reference. As it is I've fixed the erroneous entries using the metadata manager and the ratings filter list is now much shorter. This just leaves the 15 vs GB-15 question but having dug through the settings I can't see any obvious way of correcting this.

Answered here.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/56017-parental-controls-not-working-for-next-up-and-latest/?p=546113

Edited by Happy2Play

Excellent, thanks. Do I just need to edit the file to read as I want it to?

Edit: took the plunge and edited the file - now all sorted! Excellent, thanks so much for the help and of course the awesome software  :)

Edited by Gronda